What Impressed you first
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Impressed you first

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Like most males, I was attracted to the lines and curves at first.
    Once we started dating, her overall performance sealed the deal.

Oh yeah, same for the F6B...
    That's funny!

Yep. It was her looks. Then her performance.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I bought mine without a test ride. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with the power, handling or reliability. It's a Honda.

I love fixed fairing bikes and the long, low, bagger style of this bike drew me in.

I tell everyone, "This isn't your father's Goldwing".

Just liked the smooth power delivery and the quickness, along with the Honda reputation for reliability.....

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I bought mine without a test ride. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with the power, handling or reliability. It's a Honda.
    I love fixed fairing bikes and the long, low, bagger style of this bike drew me in.
    I tell everyone, "This isn't your father's Goldwing".
    I bought mine without a test drive also, saw it, had to have it, bought it. The power and handling were better than I expected.

.... just hope I don't have the same thing happen when I see the BMW Concept 101 sitting in a dealer showroom.

THE STATS.

0-60 in 3.3 seconds, 11.84 in the 1/4 and it has bags and a radio!

Power delivery; mirrors and horn along with Honda's quality build.

I was very familiar with the power and smoothness of the flat 6 engine from my Runes and Honda's reliability & gobs of torque from my VTX1800, but what really sold me was when I sat in the saddle and realized my knees did not hit the faring like they do on a GL1800 and with just a few mods, saddle & bars I could make it fit me quite well and take over the jobs I had been asking my X and Rune to do, thus allowing me to have my torque monster in the X, a show stopper in the Rune and the type of cruiser I wanted for touring of which I found a little of both in the F6B.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Like 53 it was that bullet shape. You just know it is a flyer. Like Bobby, I didn't bother with a test ride. I sat on her, raised my hands, closed my eyes and brought my hands down. They met the grips perfectly. That's my indicator of a great fitting bike. I did the same thing with my Yammy and it didn't disappoint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

My attraction was my great desire to get off my piece of crap 2011 Road glide Ultra who had left me stranded in the middle of nowhere 4 times and Harley's reluctance to properly fix it under warranty.The bike I purchased because my 2007 Harley Ultra Classic also ran hot,went through 2 transmissions and a host of small problems..............Plus I wanted a bike that wouldn't BBQ my balls in traffic so I was leaning toward water cooled. When I tried to trade for the 2013 water cooled Harley.. Harley decided to penalize me $5000 below book value because the Road Glide had known breakdown issues. That was the straw that broke the Camels back. I quit Harley!
    Having owned a Gold wing in the seventies used in part chasing to build my first Harley I remembered how smooth it had been...To me the Late model Gold wings are butt ugly,you sit to far forward and a host of other things I don't like. So when I spotted the Stripped down Wing The F6B I took one for a 100 mile test ride to see if I could live with it.....With top dollar offered me on trade in for the Harley and a really good purchase price the rest is history. I'm now an F6B rider and love it. My Harley Riding Buddies two of which own CVO's have gotten used to eating Honda Fumes and have stopped challenging me.... Life is good.............................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

I'm a sport tourer through and through; my goal is to do 300-600 mile days on fun roads, in maximum comfort in all weather conditions, without getting left behind by my buddies. And I wanted to do it in style, on a mount that didn't leave me on my tippy-toes at every stop light. The only choices that came close were the F6B, the R1200RT and the K1600, and there was no way I was dropping $25K+ on twitchy BMW technology. And cruisers were out of the question for me--don't like the forward controls or potato-potato v-twins.

I chose well. No regrets. Less than $1K in upgrades from my Deluxe, and I have pretty much everything I want in a bike. The only thing left that I might do is a suspension upgrade; for all the griping about cruise control, it's the suspension that really was left wanting. After almost 20K miles on my 2013 that's literally the only item I would consider dropping any real cash on. Certainly not the exhaust, because I *appreciate* the quiet!