I am now carrying the XDs9 and it is growing on me. The trigger is thick right now and I can compare it to a fresh G17 GEN3. I have carried a G17, a Kimber 1911 3", a SA 1911 5", A Walther PPQ, LCP, Sig 226 and SW 442. I can without doubt say that my G17 would be the first pistol I would choose if you told me I was fixin to be in a gunfight. I love the 1911 platform but from the standpoint of amount of ammo and reloads whether emergency or tactical it is slower than the Glock. The 1911 also takes much more practice at drawing correctly and utilizing the grip safety. Emergency failures on the 1911 are tougher to practice as well. I have the bloody knuckle scars to prove it. It takes work and dedication. Two of the worlds top 1911 shooters, trainers and builders, Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers both have the same conclusion that the G17 would be their choice if they could only choose one in an imminent gunfight. A Glock may be an ugly dog but when the shitniz hits the fan at Pizza Hut, I won't be there to win a beauty contest.

I can also vouch that if you want to FU a Glock.......over modify it. Screw with the factory striker spring and you are asking for a failure. Don't go overboard on the mechanicals or you might as well carry a HiPoint

https://youtu.be/f7ViI2UWFKg