I was looking to get back in the saddle after not riding for 4 years. 5 years ago I had a double fusion in my lower back. I tried to ride my Harley after I recovered from my back surgery but could only tolerate riding for about an hour without being in pain. So I sold my Electra Glide thinking I will never ride again. Moving forward to April. I seen a Geico commercial which had a F6B in it, which at the time I did not know what it was. So I did some research and found out it was a Goldwing F6B, did more research on this forum and found out that new 2013's could be bought for $13,000. So not knowing if I could ride without pain and reading what everyone said on this forum how smooth these bikes ride, I decided to take a chance. So back to the question, it was the looks first and that the Goldwing is the Cadillac of touring bikes is what made me purchase this bike. Also as someone else stated I did not want to throw down $25,000 to not know if I can ride anymore. Well I can ride this bike for a least 2 to 3 without getting off.