I was out on the Street Glide for a romp when I got a text at 3:17 PM saying they were putting the last bolt in the rear end of my F6B and were going to take it for a test ride.

Super !!

My LHD did a search yesterday when we found the problemo. There was only ONE new rear end in the county. He ordered it and had it overnighted. It arrived this afternoon and I picked up the bike around 5ish. Rode it home the long way and all seems good.

Steve .... regarding if there was any hint of something 'wrong' I didn't think so initially. But, now with the new rear gear installed, I don't feel the slight "tightness" I did previously. The wrench told me that he had both the old and the new rear ends on the bench and spun them both. There was a 'shisss, shisss' noise of metal on metal with the old, and none with the new.

There may be some available for $100, but Honda charges $1700 for a complete unit. Warranty works great !

I plan to add some bits and pieces tonight and tomorrow and take the F6B on our trip to WV/VA Sunday. I don't have any side tho'ts about it.