Rune? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rune?

Eric modified those Harley grips with the turn signals in them with a dremel tool but I had mine professionally machined so there wasn't any slop in them...It used to have a personalized plate NKBRKR Because ppl broke their necks just to look at it...lol
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Many people want to change, but just don’t know where or how to start. I do First, of all don’t try doing it alone. I don't, I get support from other Rune owners
    You got yourself into this mess, yes. But, do you realize the complicated circumstances that truly created this disorder? Yes, my love of a beautiful machine Probably not. Even if you do, do you know how to pull yourself out of it? Yes, buy more Runes If you are truly ready and want help or are just looking to talk to other people that suffer just like you do, we have the answer.
    So do I... reach into my key box and pick a "color of the day" steel steed's key, don on my leathers, cinch up the skid lid, fire off that bad ass flat six and hit the road to nowhere....best therapy one could ever have.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    Eric modified those Harley grips with the turn signals in them with a dremel tool but I had mine professionally machined so there wasn't any slop in them...It used to have a personalized plate NKBRKR Because ppl broke their necks just to look at it...lol
    Yea, he should have done what you did and had them machined it caused a lot of headaches over time with grounding issues and a hokey throttle sleeve.

Yeah...he has little patience and wanted to ride instead of doing a quality job...I used to cringe at some of the things he did...Hes a good dude though...

I believe the grounding issues were related to him in properly cutting the end of the handle bar off on the throttle side whereas the other side has a set screw so it grounds it to the bar but since the throttle is a moving part it had problems with grounding

Yeah...he has little patience and wanted to ride instead of doing a quality job...I used to cringe at some of the things he did...Hes a good dude though...
    Ya know I'll safely something together if I have to so I can ride on most of my scoots, but when it comes to my Runes they have to be 100% perfect mechanically and looking or they don't leave the shop, no "if, and or buts" about it.

Me too...10 years later and mine hasnt seen the inside of a honda shop..No mechanical failures or major issues and still looks new with 42,000 miles on her...

I believe the grounding issues were related to him in properly cutting the end of the handle bar off on the throttle side whereas the other side has a set screw so it grounds it to the bar but since the throttle is a moving part it had problems with grounding
    Yeap and solved it with OEM grips and a set of OEM turns and new wires through the bars to the switch.
    I would never trust any of my scoots to a shop let alone one of my Runes.

Its scary when you take your rune to a Honda shop and the mechanics walk out and don't know what it is...

I traded in my 05 Rune Tuesday of this week toward a new "zero miles" 2014 Goldwing California Side Car trike. The Rune was always a handful at slow speeds. My Rune ran perfectly and was in imaculate condition so I decided to let it go before anything happened to it. I still have eight 2-wheel motorcycles the trike makes nine. I'm hoping I can talk my wife into going with me on the trike due to the comfy heated seat. Meanwhile, my F6B will not go unloved nor will my performance bikes. I still ride often, just not as far as I used to. p.s., Riding the trike is a strange and alien experience it glides along like an old Caddy and seems not the least bit fatiguing. Man, I am getting old!