Nervous about my Hwy Pegs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nervous about my Hwy Pegs

Nervous about my Hwy Pegs

Got my Kuryakyn Hwy pegs on today. Makes the ride 100% better (TILL) I come on to a nice curve.. Wow I feel like if I lean into the curve they are going to dig in. They haven't an I don't want that to happen. Not into dragging pegs. I put a measuring tape on there height an it was shy of 11in. is that ok ?took a pic of peg best i could
    Attachment 16403

Yeah they look too low. Below the crash bar and they will scrape hard on the corners,be careful.

Looks to me like they will fold up...Drive on !!!!

I have seen a few ground down but have never heard of someone being ejected....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Looks to me like they will fold up...Drive on !!!!

I have seen a few ground down but have never heard of someone being ejected....
    That's what I was going to say. If you see a sharp curve coming, just flip that side up with your foot. I have the Ergo III and do that all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

shooter
    I don't like it. I wouldnt ride it like that around here. And yeah I think its dangerous. I would drag that within a half mile of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    Got my Kuryakyn Hwy pegs on today. Makes the ride 100% better (TILL) I come on to a nice curve.. Wow I feel like if I lean into the curve they are going to dig in. They haven't an I don't want that to happen. Not into dragging pegs. I put a measuring tape on there height an it was shy of 11in. is that ok ?took a pic of peg best i could
    Attachment 16403
    Make sure they fold up and back.. Move your stock pegs to see the direction they should move.
    They are very low but at least if they fold correctly then only the mount will hit the road.

I have spent most of my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Can i get a few of you guys to post pics of your pegs, so i can judge witch way to go

That is what titanium pucks are for.

They will not "dig in" but they may scrape...

Face it... the F6B does not have the lean clearance as other bikes. I saw that last weekend in Franklin, NC. Sparks will abound; if you cut a curve too hard. It is indeed a challenge to not do that; especially if you are coming off of bikes which previously allowed you more lean into a corner... without scraping.

I have a set of Kuryakyn Ergo III's on order as well... will be conscious that they'll scrape if not careful... like others have said...

Highway pegs on the F6B are for the long haul... not for extreme twisties....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    The Rivco Aero pegs won't drag unless you lay it on its side.

Why don't more companies make pegs that mount off the vertical bar? I understand it is harder to make it adjustable front to back but it seems like it would be safer