Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

I have never heard of a dark side catastrophically destructing... but I have seen some undesirable wear on C/T sidewalls ... I understand that to be a matter of the wrong pressure/inflation though.
Here's a few pics of a General G-Max which delivered 30,300 miles of service, mounted on my F6B OEM rim. Other than some "scalloping" on the outer thread/tread edge there is not a sign of any "side wall" wear! Capturing ones personal experience with a good narrative and plenty of pictures goes a long way in helping to clarify the "what ifs" of Dark Siding!

DSC_0009.jpgDSC_0001.jpgDSC_0004.jpgDSC_0002.jpg

My personal safety is paramount! That said, I use due diligence and leave nothing to chance when selecting a CT for use on my cycles. I closely monitor air pressure in finding and maintaining a "Sweet Spot" PSI setting for good handling and overall thread/tread wear. After my tires are removed I love taking the bolt cutters, razor knife and hack saw, if need be, and dissecting the tire casing. There is nothing like a cross sectioned view of a tire to get a first hand and up close look at its construction and what remains of the thread/tread thickness. Call it "peace of mind" if you will. In ending, I find it rather amusing that Motorcycle Tire Manufacturers are always in a quest for a "Heavy Cruiser Cycle Tire" which delivers any reasonable longevity at a reasonable price. Finding the "Holy Grail" may be easier