Honda Extended Warranty - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda Extended Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I always heard that extended warranties are huge money makers for the providers. Personally, I would take my chances. Insurances take care of road side assistance on most policies. Sitting on this site for a few weeks now makes me think this bike is pretty much trouble free, no?
    So if the warranty sells, as some here have stated for $500, just how could it be a huge money maker for anyone?
    Even if the dealers cost was a buck he makes $499. Hardly huge I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I deal with extended warranties all the time. Just a few things I can tell you. Chances are the warranty has a deductible that is applicable to each instance. Sometimes the warranty will not pay the full cost of the part. Most times they have a maximum price they will pay. If you can't purchase the part for that price you will be liable for the additional price. They will only pay a certain price for labor hours. If the dealer is higher on their price they will not pay. Sometimes extended warranties will not pay diagnostic time. You can be out hundreds of dollars for diagnostics alone. Sometimes the warranty is only good at an authorized dealer. Not all dealers are necessarily authorized. Just some questions to ask before you spend your hard earned money. Some if these may not apply to the Honda warranty. Just read the fine print.
    So options are buy the warranty and you may have to pay for some percentage of the repair OR don't buy the warranty and you get to pay for 100% of the repair?
    I see no argument here to not buy the warranty unless you own a Honda powersports dealership..