Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
Nothing from nothing I searched the copilot app and it received one of the lowest scores. They nickel and dime you! See for yourself

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/offline-gps-apps/
The base version is free. If you don't want the add ons, it stays free. It's a useable app that loads all of the maps onto your phone or tablet. It allows you to create routes with multiple waypoints. It shows you where you are, moves the map as you move, let's you calculate distance and time estimates for routes. The interface is a little clunky, but I have yet to find a GPS interface that isn't.

I tend to do some fairly intensive mapping and I don't want to hang my phone on the handlebars, so I chose to buy a Garmin Zumo. I keep GPS Copilot as a backup and it does fine in that regard.

It depends on what you're after, I guess. If you live and ride in the city, want traffic updates, audio directions, extensive POI, etc., it probably isn't for you. If you want a basic GPS that will map your location and let you build routes with multiple waypoints, it works just fine.

I read that review as well. It seemed to me that the reviewers were more focused on the whiz-bang features of the apps rather than basic functioning.

Bottom line, it's free. Download it, see what you think. If you don't like it, delete it and spring for a standalone GPS. What've you got to lose?