Show Chrome rear rack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Chrome rear rack

Show Chrome rear rack

I am looking at installing a rear rack, and since the MP3 is no longer an option, for those that have the show chrome, how do you like it and was it easy to install? I have a 16 F6B base model.

Ride safe,
    Pikester

Check out the SW MOTEC rack = Twisted throttle has them. With a cheap kit you can install any / all GIVI panniers, trunks, bags. = Lots of good feedback on there. I really like mine.

Will do olegoat345! Was it an easy installation & will it work on the base model?

Thanks,
    Pikester

Quote Originally Posted by pikester View Post
    I am looking at installing a rear rack, and since the MP3 is no longer an option, for those that have the show chrome, how do you like it and was it easy to install? I have a 16 F6B base model.

Ride safe,
    Pikester
    Those are very popular and we actually have the Smoke Chrome version on our F6B.
    Since you have the base model without the backrest you will need to install the Rack Mount Kit, (can also be used for the passenger backrest).
    http://www.bigbikeparts.com/catalog/...2-/52-830M.pdf
    You can see from the instructions how much work this entails, most people have not had issues with this installation. I would purchase the tapered seat bolts also since you are removing the seat.

After installation of the Rack Mount kit the Rear Rack can easily be installed.
    http://www.bigbikeparts.com/catalog/...0_52-830SK.pdf

Thanks for all the info. Rick! I think I will get those parts ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by pikester View Post

Ride safe,
    Pikester
    I have one and put the show chrome backrest on too. You have to have the covers with holes or drill yours and put the mounting brackets in. Easy job . When you get to rack and backrest their are shims and bolts to line up. I used super glue for the shims and made it much easier. I like the rack!

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    I have one and put the show chrome backrest on too. You have to have the covers with holes or drill yours and put the mounting brackets in. Easy job . When you get to rack and backrest their are shims and bolts to line up. I used super glue for the shims and made it much easier. I like the rack!
    Thanks Xrider57. I just placed an order for the smoked chrome rack/bracket kit. Some of the other racks looked too small for my liking.

Just installed my show chrome rack. Installation wasn't too bad, just wish I would have been thinking
    and I could have installed my remote saddlebags openers while I had everything apart! I also installed some kuryakyn ergo II highway pegs. I had them on my wing and I really like them. Farkling sure is fun! Ride safe,
    Pikester

You can mount almost anything to Showchrome?

I think I like these b/c I've been able to attach almost anything. I'd been using a Shad box for a trip. I mounted the Shad platform to the Showchrome with a little finagling with the parts that came with each. Then locked the luggage case to the Shad platform. If I want, I can remove the Shad box and leave the mounting platform or remove the box and Shad platform completely and still l have the showchrome rack to bungie stuff to. It fits well and seems very sturdy.

Has anyone been broken a Showchrome rack?

You can mount almost anything to Showchrome?

I think I like these b/c I've been able to attach almost anything. I'd been using a Shad box for a trip. I mounted the Shad platform to the Showchrome with a little finagling with the parts that came with each. Then locked the luggage case to the Shad platform. If I want, I can remove the Shad box and leave the mounting platform or remove the box and Shad platform completely and still l have the showchrome rack to bungie stuff to. It fits well and seems very sturdy.

Has anyone ever broken a Showchrome rack?