Any Paint Update??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Paint Update???

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post
    I wonder if you would change your tune if you had a bike with PAINT ISSUES! Please don't patronize or take the side of Honda if you don't have this issue. I have had my issue confirmed by my dealer and Honda rep. Honda refuses to resolve. Throw some wax on it, 3M finesse it, use a microfiber cloth bla bla bla. I have done all of this and still have swirls and scratches. Now what?!
    For the record please!!,, I am not patronizing Honda, just raising a question??...I am asking if there is any real/honest way to determine how many have this issue...Honda, as any other major company does, will not do anything if only a handful of riders have this paint problem and will leave it up to local dealer/reps to try and fix...I am truly sorry for those who have serious paint issues, as I also would be very upset, but I don't have them due to the custom paint which was my choice as I did not care for the colors offered at the time...I honestly hope that Honda will take care of those that have soft paint issues and "steps-up-to-the-plate" so to speak and addresses these concerns....but, I would not hold my breath!!!......Regards, no intention to offend anyone......

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I tend to agree with the above post, somewhat...Not having any paint issues myself as I had mine custom painted at dealer before pick-up, I think the paint issue has been blown way out of proportion as some tend to see this issue posted on the web here and jump on the band wagon just to add comments...I wonder if there is any honest and real way to actually determine how many F6B's really have seriously bad paint issues??..I just can't accept the fact that Honda, perhaps the largest producer of bikes in the world with a huge market in the US, intended to paint their bikes with crap paint just to save money...Maybe so, but all the bikes I have seen in showrooms in Michigan seem to be fine and show nothing noticeable...I said on a earlier post a while back that of the 5 dealers I visited over the last year, no had any reported paint issues....Or, they lied.......JMHO
    I don't know why you even bothered to make this comment, except to stir the pot.

My Black F6b paint will leave noticeable scratches simply by wiping my finger on it. Still love the bike!

Your right!!!...None of my business......Hope your happy now.....

It's not truly a paint issue, It's a lack of clear coat issue and on that point Honda is just being CHEAP.
    Jakec

Three coats of Liquid Glass helps greatly till I find another option. Then one coat a month.

An article I recently read stated that Mother Honda is using environmentally friendly paint that is water soluble till cured with no clear coat which is where the problem lies.............Dickie

For a Corporation that does so many things so well... it really is odd that this is happening, even worse that it has not been corrected!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I tend to agree with the above post, somewhat...Not having any paint issues myself as I had mine custom painted at dealer before pick-up, I think the paint issue has been blown way out of proportion as some tend to see this issue posted on the web here and jump on the band wagon just to add comments...I wonder if there is any honest and real way to actually determine how many F6B's really have seriously bad paint issues??..I just can't accept the fact that Honda, perhaps the largest producer of bikes in the world with a huge market in the US, intended to paint their bikes with crap paint just to save money...Maybe so, but all the bikes I have seen in showrooms in Michigan seem to be fine and show nothing noticeable...I said on a earlier post a while back that of the 5 dealers I visited over the last year, no had any reported paint issues....Or, they lied.......JMHO
    You had your bike painted so you have no idea what you're talking about. I suggest you find things you can speak to and comment about that.

Seriously.

Gumby....Your opinion of me is your option, but you have no idea at all how much knowledge I personally have on this issue....So please back off and leave well enough alone...Regards.....

poor paint

i believe the problem is they are using a water base paint and not applying the clear coat hoping the it will cure to a hard finish just like the enamel paints used on cars in the 1960s untill they developed the hardeners and then the base coat clear coat and i am 100% sure there is no clear coat on my black f6b.