2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 2

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Looking at your little map of the states where you've ridden, I'm going with Maine.
    Obviously I like Maine but summer here is wall-to-wall tourists, It's all very doable. Ride west towards the mountains you get long stretches of open roads and small villages. Ride east you get the beautiful coast but all the traffic. Your choice.

SierraKen
    How about the Rockies in Colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    How about the Rockies in Colorado?
    I'd love to do that.....need a city to base out of near the great riding, plus some lodging options.
    Any recommendations????

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Rockies

I think the Rockies would be great. I have never been on motorcycle so I have no suggestions for a home base.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'd love to do that.....need a city to base out of near the great riding, plus some lodging options.
    Any recommendations????

Cheers,
    Steve
    For what it's worth, the two times we've taken a bike trip to Colorado, we based it out of the Longmont area. Seems to work really well.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    They have tours that involve a bus if you really want to partake. You don't have to drink shots at these places.. There are tours at each of the various distilleries and interesting historical elements along with some great roads.
    Makers is my favorite. That place is just magical, but Woodford is top-notch, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Any recommendations????

Cheers,
    Steve
    I've been up there a bunch on the FJR, great riding. Back when I had a VTX, they used to run the annual Coloradical out of Lakewood. The LaQuinta there is 925 miles from my house; a nice one day drive.

2018 Rally Location

i prefer to keep it away from the big cities. i really dont like travelling in heavy populated areas. just me - it safer too and usually a little cheaper for stuff. I am all for the Rockies or yellowstone or Utah . .. just my 2 cents worth . . . I went to Wing Ding last year in Billings. . . . great place - the city is not big at all and lots of nice roads there.

Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    For what it's worth, the two times we've taken a bike trip to Colorado, we based it out of the Longmont area. Seems to work really well.
    A great spot in the south of Colorado to base out of is Durango -- less than three hours to Moab, Utah from there too. Lots of great rides in the area. So much to see in the north, central and south areas of the state it's kinda impossible to pinpoint one central location to hit it all. Definitely would defer to forum members who know Colorado the best to make recommendations but had an amazing time there last summer. Can definitely attest that the main tourist spots (ski resort towns) are off-the-chart expensive and crowded in the summer (goes without saying) so places like Durango (or Longmont / Lakewood as also suggested) are solid options.