Rough Ride

Thread: Rough Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rough Ride

I did some riding yesterday on rough roads, not off road just roads with bumps. I found the f6 quite harsh for most of the ride(was riding two up) is this normal? Tires 40/40.
    Will a trax shocks improve the ride or just the handling?

Richie

Was it bottoming out? You might want to add pre-load to the shock. There's an adjuster behind the right side panel under the seat.

40/40 tire pressure will extend the life of the tires. Conversely, it provides for a rough ride. Personally, I will live with a bit more feel of the road to extend the lfe of my tires. Your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool

Yep !! I'll bet your rear shock is on full hard....move it till there are 4 lines showing and try that....you have to open the saddle bag to get the side cover off.....roll shock off till 4 lines is showing....good luck !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I believe they all come stock on the softest setting (mine did). More pre-load needs to be added so it doesn't bottom out.

Handlebars

Coming from a Yamaha FJR i notice the firmness of the ride comes the the long length of the handle bars...where i didnt notice it on the FJR on the same roads.