trailer hitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trailer hitch

trailer hitch

Anybody have the add on vertical hitch on their F6? When I traded my 12 wing in on the 6 I had them take the hitch off because I assumed it would fit. Came home from work yesterday and decided it was time to install it it sure does not seem to fit like it did on the wing! Just wonder if anyone installed one and had any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Anybody have the add on vertical hitch on their F6? When I traded my 12 wing in on the 6 I had them take the hitch off because I assumed it would fit. Came home from work yesterday and decided it was time to install it it sure does not seem to fit like it did on the wing! Just wonder if anyone installed one and had any tips?
    Traded my 12 wing in on 15 f6, the add on hitch fit fine.the only thing I had to do was remove left side muffler.

Should be no difference......re check directions???? I just put it where it should have gone and went from there...when I got confused...Iooked at the directions....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Should be no difference......re check directions???? I just put it where it should have gone and went from there...when I got confused...Iooked at the directions....
    I got it on...don't remember it being such a pain on the 12 Wing. I did that on my own, had to get the wife involved in this one. Now to wire it up.

Steve, what wiring did you use for your trailer hitch set up?

I have the one I used on my wing but think I will replace it with a new kit. Looking for the easiest to install!

Thanks

See PM

http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=trailer+...................... sorry but the PC I am logged on with will not allow me to search which one .....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    See PM

http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=trailer+...................... sorry but the PC I am logged on with will not allow me to search which one .....
    Thanks Steve,

I guess I am confused. I thought there was a plug and play set up for the F6B like the one I purchased for my Wing. However after speaking to Add On, Kuryakyn, Electrical Connections, and Wingstuff there doesn't seem to be one. All require some sort of manipulation to make them work.

EC said they are in the process of putting one together. I will have to get someone more knowledgeable than I concerning electronics before I start altering wiring.

I used Kuryakyn fairly easy to Instal wiring takes 2 kits for the F6B. Hitches are the same for the goldwings and F6B's hitch no is 7641 the wiring kit no's are 7676 and 3234 they are plug and play except for your trailer plug it is a 5 wire end if you need 4 wires you will have to get that adapter. hitches are for 2012 and up

I purchased the Ad On vertical hitch from Wing Stuff last November. The price was excellent and it is completely invisible when the receiver is removed. It does require an extra wiring loom along with the trailer 5 pin wiring. I haven't had a chance to install it but it looks like a quality piece. I haul a small tent trailer and each summer go off for a month or more camping. It's a great way to see the country and I never have to look for hotels along the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    I used Kuryakyn fairly easy to Instal wiring takes 2 kits for the F6B. Hitches are the same for the goldwings and F6B's hitch no is 7641 the wiring kit no's are 7676 and 3234 they are plug and play except for your trailer plug it is a 5 wire end if you need 4 wires you will have to get that adapter. hitches are for 2012 and up
    Thanks for the reply. I have been told they would work so I called Kuryakyn today and spoke to the tech. He took me there were none made specific for the 6 I will order them tonight from Wingstuff. Thanks again.