Questions about a rear rack I found... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions about a rear rack I found...

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    FWIW, the black chrome tube rack looks really nice on the 2015 matte gray bikes.

That is an interesting looking rack. I didn't see that one...

...albeit my questions have been succinctly answered. Thanks all!

After my first weekend trip this weekend, I'll probably decide to get that black chrome style one. Best place to buy one? And it does work with factory passenger backrest right?
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    The answer to your most important question is yes, it will support a full case of beer. Mine did.
    Priorities, aye!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    After my first weekend trip this weekend, I'll probably decide to get that black chrome style one. Best place to buy one? And it does work with factory passenger backrest right?
    We have sponsored vendors, Rick at Value accessories sells that rack for about $130. Check out the links to our sponsors on the home page.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I came to this thread; hoping those that have rear racks would post pics. For those that have rear racks, can you please post pics and whether you'd recommend them?

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I saw that too. I opted for the tubular design by Show Chrome because it looked like it would be easier to attach bungie cords and I was afraid of the bungie cords might scratch the black color off. Not sure if my concerns are real or not.
    I reached the same conclusion. Plus there was a comment somewhere saying that style of rack had bent under load. I have the Show Chrome smoke colored on my black B and like the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I came to this thread; hoping those that have rear racks would post pics. For those that have rear racks, can you please post pics and whether you'd recommend them?

I now have the rack installed that I initially queried about; for this thread. I am more than satisfied with it. It's a flat black finish; so if it ever gets "beat up" it's easy to pop it off and hit it with a rattle can to renew it.

Has little "tits" underneath where you can wind a bungee cord around.

I think the rack is a perfect shape and fit for the back of the F6B. And there is no way that this particular rack is going "to bend". Unless maybe you stand on it's trailing edge... any rack will bend under that weight

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    Do you have to relocate the antenna for the show chrome rack?
    No , it clears easily. Nice rack also.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I now have the rack installed that I initially queried about; for this thread. I am more than satisfied with it. It's a flat black finish; so if it ever gets "beat up" it's easy to pop it off and hit it with a rattle can to renew it.

Has little "tits" underneath where you can wind a bungee cord around.

I think the rack is a perfect shape and fit for the back of the F6B. And there is no way that this particular rack is going "to bend". Unless maybe you stand on it's trailing edge... any rack will bend under that weight

There is a member in here that was complaining about his bending. I think it was in the accessories forum. Only been a week or two. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    FWIW, the black chrome tube rack looks really nice on the 2015 matte gray bikes.

Where did you find this?