11" windshield?????????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11" windshield?????????

11" windshield?????????

I just took a gamble and ordered an 11" windshield for the beast. My goal is to be able to look over it, yet cut down on the wind enough to hear the radio. I am 5'11" tall. Will the 11" be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    I just took a gamble and ordered an 11" windshield for the beast. My goal is to be able to look over it, yet cut down on the wind enough to hear the radio. I am 5'11" tall. Will the 11" be ok?
    It is for me up to 80 or so. 14 volume. 11" Clearview recurve, no vent

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    11 inch Madstad? Yep!

11 inch 'something else'? Eh, maybe,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    It really depends on your wind and noise tolerance. Some folks say the stock shield works great for them and others get rid of it after the first ride on the bike. If I had to guess, based on your height, you won't be happy with the protection and noise level with a regular 11" shield. Let us know how it works out for you.

A lot of folks find the Klock Werks Flare 14" shield to be the perfect combination of looks and protection.

The 11-19 inch adjustable Baggershield works for me... Wind noise on highway is minimal and I can hear radio pretty well...But, windshields are many and so are owners needs and desires..What works for some, others do not like...Many choices so I guess it is up to you in the end...I have not tried any other brands at this point, but other riders have used various types and styles...Even some prefer the "useless" stock one....but that is why we have choices!!!

Ok, thank you all for your input.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    So, what flavor of shield did you buy?

All you said was ordered an 11" windshield

I'd go with 14".... Stock is not much taller than 11"....
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

2kewlgypsy

Love my Baggershield Windshield

Here are a couple of pictures of the baggershield. Spencer is great to work with and a quick shipper. Can't wait til he makes one for my wife's CTX 700. Also showing off the switchback lights with smoke lenses.
    Attachment 8549
    Attachment 8550
    Attachment 8551

I'm not that enamoured with my Baggershield. On the low 11" setting, highway wind noise is bad. Sure there's no buffeting, but I can't hear the audio system past 50 kph. In the raised position, I am looking through the top clear plastic. I hate looking through a windshield. Sure the smoked lower part compliments the black bike, but function outweighs form for me. Also, at night, the lower section obscures about 10' of road in front. I don't like that either.

I sat on another F6B with Honda's accessory tall windshield installed. It was perfect for my height. I could look over it with about an inch to spare. I may go that route and order one, and sell my Baggershield if the tall Honda is better for me.