Heat from radiator while riding warning....... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heat from radiator while riding warning.......

Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    There is no comparison whatsoever in my opinion. The heat coming off the rear cylinder of the Harleys is a ball fryer. I do not even notice any heat off my F6 and I regularly wear shorts riding in south TEXAS. I know some will frown on that but after 50 years of riding, most of that as a Police Officer, believe me clothes shred off you fast in an accident. Wearing boots, Gloves and a Helmet are what really count. The pic below I was wearing gloves and still got my hand shredded.Attachment 7307Attachment 7308Attachment 7309

I hear that, both of my 60mph + crashes took off my shirts and turned my pants around almost backward. With thick jeans on made no help, still had to deal with road rash.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Legs are cooler tucked in behind the fairing than they are out in the rad blast.

Wings help 'flush' out the heat from the riders pocket.

I've had the same thing happen to me. My shins felt like they were going to melt. No more shorts!!!

I came off a Kawasaki Vaquero talk about heat.....by far the hottest bike I have EVER ridden. I took it back to the dealer, thinking something was wrong with it. It only came from the right side, it was a common compliant from Vaquero riders.
    I don't get the riding in shorts thing as well......there is a guy I see in my town that rides only in shorts and flip flops That's crazy

To each is own

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    yep on the Kawi 17's.

Friend had a Nomad. Also complained of the heat on RHS.

Test rode a Vaquero myself once. Noticed warmth on both sides before it was done.

It was 90 degrees here today in WA State so I rode a bit with shorts on. Legs got cooked. Came home and took off the newly installed belly pan and I'll bet half the heat was gone. I think I'll try to punch some louvers in the belly pan.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Compared to my Harleys, the F6 feels like it has AC. I've never ridden it with shorts though nor do the temps get over 100 very often here. We just get a steady few months of 90+ degrees and 90% humidity. If you like feeling like you're in a sauna all day then Houston is the place to be.
    The heat issue was the very reason I quit riding Harley's and bought the F6B. All the rest of the good things about the F6 were a major bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    The heat issue was the very reason I quit riding Harley's and bought the F6B. All the rest of the good things about the F6 were a major bonus!
    Amen from the choir brother, the Harley cooked countless generations of moi, before I got the Honda. This time of year though, I still soak a bandanna in ice water and wear it around the neck, it works much better now that it's not mounted to the Harley.
    ss^,
    Ken

First off, you guy's are way tougher than me, at 111 I will be riding in the AC!!!!!!!!! Bike stays home, I am much more of a winter rider. Secondly I personally would never ever get on a bike with shorts but if that's what get's you going ok by me. I came from Harley as well and also noticed the heat, but not a deal breaker for me on the touring models. the soft tails however with the oil bag under your crotch was a real killer. Bought the wife a deluxe and her first ride she commented on how hot the damn thing was. that one didn't last long in our stable. The F6 does get hot but as stated much cooler with your knees tucked to avoid the heat.

shooter
    Rode Sunday for several hours. 100+ temps. Didn't feel a thing. Was wearing proper riding attire. You don't go to bed wearing snow boots do you?