Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
I will say "Nobody beats Harley for quality".

I will agree that the pre-EVO era was a nightmare. I think the 90's thru 2006 were their best years---JMHO of course. When I demo the new bikes, they just don't feel the same. They are very tame and feel domesticated and house broken.
Agree completely. Have owned 12 Harleys total - 5 were after 06. Other than the 07 Street Glide, just wasn't able to "bond" with any of them.

Bought a 2015 Road King........never meshed with it. It was smooth, and the 103 engine had more than adequate power, cruise - and that loud clunky transmission. Ugh. Traded it rather quickly for a 2016 Low rider.....same clunky transmission. Hips going bad, so had to get rid of that as well. Took a beating on trade - Harleys no longer hold their value like they used to, at least in my experience. In 93, while stationed in Colorado, I bought an 1987 FLHS (Electra Glide Sport, precursor to the Road King) for $12,500....more than it cost new. But, back then there was a 2 year waiting list for a new Harley. Sold it 3 years later for $10k.

Never stranded on the road by any bike - Harleys, 4 BMWs, 2 Wings, a Valkyrie Interstate, a F6B, or my 2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 - counting my blessings. Believe that everyone makes a good product or else they couldn't stay in business.

Just my .02