Gas Pumps

Thread: Gas Pumps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks mate/buddy, i can't seem to get through to the link you sent but I'll try off the forum. Always good to converse with fellow veterans.

Jim

My two cents, I run regular all the time. Previous experience with premium in other bikes is carbon build up. I find I get better mileage with regular. Only time my "6" gets premium is for storage in the late fall.
    2013 F6B in black of course

My brother said when he drove fuel truck. They all bought fuel at the same terminal. Only a few choices everyone bought at which one was cheaper. Even the ones like bp have exemptions if they are too far away from their own branded terminal. They just have their own protocol ie additive added by their people or by the driver. Alot of the stations contract their fuel hauling. The same guy might stop at several different stations.

The BP terminal sold BP, Citgo, Walmart, etc......

The Citgo terminal provided Citgo, She'll, Hess and others

The Exxon terminal sold Phillips, Cheveron, Shell, Exxon and BP

What makes each brand unique is the additive mixture. A code is entered according to the destination and the correct mixture is made during the loading process.

Yes----when a trailer holds 9,000 gallons of gasoline different stops are made at different locations. The normal trailer has 5 different compartments, so you could service 5 different stations with 5 different brands. As a common carrier, the driver has a card for each terminal and the customer has a code or an account at the terminal. The customer code is punched in and the proper mixture/brand is loaded into the compartment the driver has designated for that customer. Money is deducted from the customers account when the trailer is loaded and it is the drivers responsibility to keep it organized. "Mixing product" or otherwise known as improper delivery is grounds for dismissal.

The misconception is that all 9,000 gallons are mixed together and some is left here and some is left there. There is a lot more to it than that. Stations are trusting the driver to load and deliver the specific product they have ordered.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]