Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
I'm only 2 pounds away from my goal of losing 40 pounds.
Upon reaching that goal, I have told myself I'm free to purchase the Wing of my dreams. (I currently ride a 2003 ST1100P).

Some of you might remember my post from back in September when I had the opportunity to rent an F6B for a day in southern California. This trip started me on my diet and my quest for the perfect bike for me. I plan to do some touring/camping that will be 95% solo. I've been collecting my gear, and for the most part, it will fit in two saddlebags and either a top box, or a large tail bag that I already have. Now that I've been watching the market and gathering information to make an educated decision, I have three new concerns...

Do I plop $16k - $17k into the 2016 White F6B that originally caught my fancy?

+ has warranty
+ has Cruise Control
+ is what I originally wanted

- costs the most
- huge depreciation hit

Or do I save several thousand dollars and get a 2013-2014?

+ big discounts and soft sellers market
+ may or may not have warranty

- doesn't have Cruise Control
- can't get White

Or do I find a nice used "Full Wing" that would fit my needs?

+ great market for low mileage used bikes right now
+ already has Cruise and many other options that were stripped to create the F6B
+ trunk (something I fell in love with on my PC800)
+ plenty of White ones out there for sale

- not an F6b (will I miss the sportiness of the bagger?)
- 900+ pounds (not something I'm afraid of... but really... 900+ pounds?)

I'm just looking for others opinions. Especially those who may have owned both bikes.

Thanx in advance for your thoughts.

Jim
When i got into the F6 market in 2016 i thought the 2014 Valkyrie F6C would work and save me some moolah at 11K out the door. Fell in love with the platform! Woof.
But alas, I wanted more touring capability so I bought a 2015 F6B @ 16K out the door. Woof Woof.
Now I'm really in love with these F6 scoots - but the full boat gold wing? I took one for a ride and it's behemoth nature scared the heck out of me.
Being 5'7" the Full Wing is just too damn much bike for my little arse + the wifey and no one else is throwing a leg over it.
No breasts at your back = why go all the way?
You can't go wrong with a new set of wheels if you can afford it. If not there are lots of great deals to be had that folks have done tons of ugrades to.
So Unless your destined to tote some fine lady behind you to keep your back side warm, stay with the B. And unless you need to be frugal and pinch pennies go NEW and HUNT for the DEAL!