OMG, trying to decide on a helmet.....

Thread: OMG, trying to decide on a helmet.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    X, you have a crazy awesome set of roads right by you, so that probably doesn't help. I also know that riding on "the edge" and not expecting someone in a car to do something stupid leads to many, many motorcycle accidents. Back in my "early" days (92-95), I had someone try to chase me down, someone back in front of me, and carelessly ran over a huge section of broken bridge concrete because I was checking out a girl in a car at 70mph. Somehow I didn't come off the bike..... the Good Lord had His hand in it for sure.

The Good Lord has His hand in a lot more than we even realize so always be thankful.

Yes, we have some awesome motorcycle roads in our area and my fire district includes Highway 181 that goes up the mountain to Jonas Ridge/Linville Falls area and that is where we have had some extremely bad and fatal motorcycle wrecks. Highway 181 is an awesome ride going up the hill where you can scrape pegs and let the sparks fly without losing control but coming down is where most people let the motorcycle get ahead of them and they wipe out.

Anyway, I wish you the best in your helmet search and as always, ride safe.

X

Shoei 1200, I know they are expensive but if you spend the money now you will not regret it later.

Quote Originally Posted by 99m3 View Post
    Shoei 1200, I know they are expensive but if you spend the money now you will not regret it later.
    Go to webbikeworld.com to see their helmet reviews. They do an awesome job and rate shapes, quality, quietness, etc. My noggin is narrow, which led me to the Bell RS1, and I love it. Quiet and extremely comfortable. Here is a link to their shapes page: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm