Mustang questions

Thread: Mustang questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Not verticlenged, but the 1" lower is nice nd noticeable.

The wife does not like that rise/hump in the center of the back seat. She is not a fan at all. I keep reminding her that I bought the bike for me.
    interesting... I'm assuming you're using a backrest?
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    interesting... I'm assuming you're using a backrest?
    I do use a backrest on long trips. But that is not what I am referring to.

On the Mustang seat, there is a hump that starts about in the middle of the rear seat and goes towards the front seat "back rest". It feels like you are sitting on a bump. I don't think that guys would like it any better.

Some day, I plan on cutting it out and putting in soft foam to maintain the look, but give when sitting on it. We'll see ....
    Albuquerque, NM

the lowering was great for getting flat footed. wife loves the seat. If you hurry there is one for sale at a decent price in the classifieds and since it's broken in you won't need the tapered bolts

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    the lowering was great for getting flat footed. wife loves the seat. If you hurry there is one for sale at a decent price in the classifieds and since it's broken in you won't need the tapered bolts
    That is interesting that your wife likes it and mine does not. Sounds like a typical seat review.

I just went and sat on the rear and it definitely has some significant pressure in the frontal area.

I'm happy that I bought the seat for its looks (oh, and being lower). Had to get rid of that moped seat.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    That is interesting that your wife likes it and mine does not. Sounds like a typical seat review.

I just went and sat on the rear and it definitely has some significant pressure in the frontal area.

I'm happy that I bought the seat for its looks (oh, and being lower). Had to get rid of that moped seat.
    I agree, it is like the oil debate. To each hos own.

Thanks a lot for all the input. I pulled the trigger on a new standard version. Not a fan of the tuck and roll look. I have a couple weeks of vacation coming over the next couple months hope to get it broke in quickly. Thanks again!

Just to close this one out....Another satisfied Mustang customer. Besides the install being a PITA, even with the tapered bolts, the seat is great. Sits me lower, my wife higher (which she likes), and the looks are great. We did about 150 miles today and the wife says it super comfy. Oh, I have the stock backrest installed also. Thanks for the advice guys!