Rider Magazine... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rider Magazine...

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    Insurance may not cover your losses in the case of an accident
    smarter people than us, the people whose livelihoods depend on their skills as engineers - do not want or recommend using CT's on Motorcycles (period and without exception)
    all that said and done - it is a free country and if you want to go dark - by all means go dark - just don't ask me to pick up your health care bill.
    The engineers are influenced by who pays them, they also have biases. I believe they believe what they say about the subject. I just don't care because they never provide proof to show me how the DS is unsafe.

I ran over a full size pallet that blew off a truck on the interstate at 75mph. 5k+in damages. The front MC tire went flat, the rear car tire did not. Both rims had a 5-7 inch flat spot in them. Progressive did not care about the tire. They didn't even care what I put back on it. The dealer however would only replace it with a OEM tire. After all was done I questioned the adjuster about the car tire, he stated as long as it was a DOT approved tire he could not refuse to cover the damage. He also remarked that he sees a lot of bikes with car tires and to his knowledge it has never been questioned by Progressive.

To each his own on the safety question but I would really like to find an example of a insurance company who has refused to pay bc of a car tire. If they did that to me they would be talking with my lawyer.

smarter people than us, the people whose livelihoods depend on their skills as engineers - do not want or recommend using CT's on Motorcycles (period and without exception)
    all that said and done - it is a free country and if you want to go dark - by all means go dark - just don't ask me to pick up your health care bill.
    You ride a motorcycle; which is inherently more dangerous than riding in a car. Just don't ask me to pick up your health care bill.

Just desserts - for your way of reasoning....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Do YOU Smoke?

Do you "chew" tobacco products?

Do you TEXT while driving?

Do you DRINK and Drive?

Have you ever had a "DUI"?

Do you wear a helmet?

Do you eat a "healthy diet"?

Do you ever drive in excess of the speed limit?

How many "speeding tickets" have you had?

Have you ever modified a suspension on a pick-up truck/auto (jacked it up)?

Have you ever towed a trailer with a motorcycle?

Have you ever used "power tools" without wearing safety glasses?

Do you keep a "live round" in the chamber of any of your stowed firearms?

I'm really interested in just how Safety and Health Conscious you claim to be??????

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Do YOU Smoke?

Do you "chew" tobacco products?

Do you TEXT while driving?

Do you DRINK and Drive?

Have you ever had a "DUI"?

Do you wear a helmet?

Do you eat a "healthy diet"?

Do you ever drive in excess of the speed limit?

How many "speeding tickets" have you had?

Have you ever modified a suspension on a pick-up truck/auto (jacked it up)?

Have you ever towed a trailer with a motorcycle?

Have you ever used "power tools" without wearing safety glasses?

Do you keep a "live round" in the chamber of any of your stowed firearms?

I'm really interested in just how Safety and Health Conscious you claim to be??????
    I'll bite.

No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    Yes. Always.
    Yes.
    yes...
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No - stowed. When legally carrying? You betcha.
    And? I have provisions in place where no one's tax money will ever have to pay for my decisions.

I think the main point that was trying to be made is that when you make decisions, please have the common courtesy to have proper accountability and fiscal backing for your decisions such that you are not a burden on society.
    And no one person was targeted, just a general blanket statement.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'll bite.

No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    Yes. Always.
    Yes.
    yes...
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No - stowed. When legally carrying? You betcha.
    And? I have provisions in place where no one's tax money will ever have to pay for my decisions.

I think the main point that was trying to be made is that when you make decisions, please have the common courtesy to have proper accountability and fiscal backing for your decisions such that you are not a burden on society.
    And no one person was targeted, just a general blanket statement.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Running a car tire on a motorcycle, does not make one a burden to society. Only a fruitcake would/could imagine that. I wish I could insert a smilie.. so the tone of my post could be humorous. Why can't the board be fixed?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Running a car tire on a motorcycle, does not make one a burden to society. Only a fruitcake would/could imagine that. I wish I could insert a smilie.. so the tone of my post could be humorous. Why can't the board be fixed?
    Will, you and I are good - no smiley required, but I gave ya one anyway.

Only through a series of unfortunate "ifs" could a CT be made a burden to society.
    And I agree, that the combination would be statistically very unlikely.

However, because I'm "ME", I would be the one to get "lucky" and get them all to lineup.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I'll also bite.

Do YOU Smoke?............................................ ..........................................Quit 18 yrs ago

Do you "chew" tobacco products?......................................... ......................Never

Do you TEXT while driving?.......................................... ..............................Never

Do you DRINK and Drive?............................................ ................................Don't drink

Have you ever had a "DUI"?............................................ .............................Nope

Do you wear a helmet?........................................... ....................................95 % of the time

Do you eat a "healthy diet"?............................................ ............................. yes

Do you ever drive in excess of the speed limit?............................................ .....yes

How many "speeding tickets" have you had?.............................................. .......none in over 25 yrs

Have you ever modified a suspension on a pick-up truck/auto (jacked it up)?........ Yes.

Have you ever towed a trailer with a motorcycle?....................................... ......Yes

Have you ever used "power tools" without wearing safety glasses?.....................Yes

Do you keep a "live round" in the chamber of any of your stowed firearms?.......... At home No but at my shop yes

As a small business owner with employees and very good insurance coverage I'm not a burden to society, but have been used as a bad example from time to time..
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I'll also bite.

Do YOU Smoke?............................................ ..........................................Quit 18 yrs ago

Do you "chew" tobacco products?......................................... ......................Never

Do you TEXT while driving?.......................................... ..............................Never

Do you DRINK and Drive?............................................ ................................Don't drink

Have you ever had a "DUI"?............................................ .............................Nope

Do you wear a helmet?........................................... ....................................95 % of the time

Do you eat a "healthy diet"?............................................ ............................. yes

Do you ever drive in excess of the speed limit?............................................ .....yes

How many "speeding tickets" have you had?.............................................. .......none in over 25 yrs

Have you ever modified a suspension on a pick-up truck/auto (jacked it up)?........ Yes.

Have you ever towed a trailer with a motorcycle?....................................... ......Yes

Have you ever used "power tools" without wearing safety glasses?.....................Yes

Do you keep a "live round" in the chamber of any of your stowed firearms?.......... At home No but at my shop yes

As a small business owner with employees and very good insurance coverage I'm not a burden to society, but have been used as a bad example from time to time..
    Regardless if you do or don't do something, you're a still a participating member of a "Risk Pool"! Like it or not we are all in the same boat! We all foot the bill for life calamities! You, as a "business owner", pay "Workman Compensation Insurance Premiums" which is directly related to your employees "Job Description/Occupation" If your employees work "heights" i.e Steel Worker, Painter or anyone who routinely works from ladders your premiums are based on that fact.

The Business Model for all Insurers i.e. Home, Auto, Cycle, Business, Medical/Health is plain and simple! "THE PREMIUMS OF THE MANY COVER THE LOSSES OF THE FEW" thereby assuring all Insurers a hefty profit! The Insurers rate you on your "previous claims" which they deem as "losses". No claim history and you may have a initial "lower rate" which will increase yearly based on the "pool loses". There are few of us who ever experience our Insurance Cost going down unless we have made a tradeoff for increased deductibles or ceding our "Tort Protection".

One who "assumes" he is solely paying the cost for another actions or footing the bill is "short sighted" and "mis-informed" and needs to get a "grasp on reality":>):>):>):>):>)

the people whose livelihoods depend on their skills as engineers - do not want or recommend using CT's on Motorcycles (period and without exception)
    Where is that clearly stated! Is that warning "clearly engraved/embossed" on Car Tire Sidewalls? I know "Recommended Max Air Pressure is and that's it!!!

"Those livelihoods depend on the skill of engineers" leaves much to interpretation! Are you referring to "automotive engineers who designed the "Ford Pinto" ( Cremation in You Car ). Maybe you are refering to the "GM Engineers" who designed the most current "Killer Ignition Switch" ( shutting off a engine at speed, locking the steering and rendering braking useless ). Maybe your referring to VW's "Trusty Engineers" who programmed computers of their "diesel engine autos" to circumvent/skew "emission data"! You appear to have a "False Sense of Trust" regarding folks having a "Sheep Skin in Engineering"! The fact of the matter is, like any other "Licensed Professional Endeavors/Fields", in reality, there are "Good", "Not So Good" and "Bad" Engineers. Don't be "fooled" otherwise!!!

Trust your instincts.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537