Traxxion "Mega-Monty" - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Traxxion "Mega-Monty"

No truck on the front of my oil bottle

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Will that be motorcycle oil or Rotella Seadog? :-)
    Mine still says motorcycle oil on it and doesn't have a picture of a diesel truck. You say all oils of the same rating are the same so ask a truck driver if he would be willing to put 44 quarts of motorcycle oil in his rig and haul 80,000 pounds across the country, I sure wouldn't do that, I would have Shell Rotella in it for sure, excellent Diesel oil.

No Sir Not a dig at all

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'll be brutally frank here....I spent my entire 24 year military career scrimping and investing so when I retired I would not HAVE to work ever again.
    I know you also served SeaDog, and you know what we got paid monthly, but I'm finding myself taking unusual umbrage to your comment.
    I'm hoping this isn't an "enlisted" -> "officer" dig......and I'm sure it isn't, you're better than that.

All of my TAD per diem went to investments.
    All of my flight pay went to investments.
    My wife cut coupons and shopped only sales.
    She cooked all foods from scratch and we seldom went out to dinner - mostly because of the kids food allergies.
    Plus, she doesn't have the usual $$$ requirements of that particular specie (makeup, shoes, hair, nails, etc - not required in her world)
    We never did without and the kids always had enough and did very well in school such that they got full rides to good universities.
    My wife managed the investments quite skillfully and now we are "comfortable" with neither of us working.
    We've always lived within our means and haven't bought anything "on time" since our 2002 15 year mortgage.
    Not buying a Aston Martin DB-12 when our '98 Maxima dies, but will pay cash for something practical.

So yeah, I've got resources allocated to my passions.
    And I'm almost sorry if it offends anyone that I'm not apologetic about it.
    I fully intended to live loudly from age 47 until I die.
    I'm 54 now and having a fricking blast and it only keeps getting better and better.

Cheers,
    Steve
    I spent all my money on one worthless child, trying to save him from himself, something I now regret and he never once said, Thanks Dad. I made good money all my life after the service and should have been saving more than throwing it away on an ungrateful child. But we all have our cross to bear and now on fixed income coming up with that kind of cash is not in the offing. I have no trouble maintaining the bike but spending on the nicer stuff will have to wait until a pile of cash falls in the front yard or I win a substantial amount from the lottery. Didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers.....

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I spent all my money on one worthless child, trying to save him from himself, something I now regret and he never once said, Thanks Dad. I made good money all my life after the service and should have been saving more than throwing it away on an ungrateful child. But we all have our cross to bear and now on fixed income coming up with that kind of cash is not in the offing. I have no trouble maintaining the bike but spending on the nicer stuff will have to wait until a pile of cash falls in the front yard or I win a substantial amount from the lottery. Didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers.....
    Understand crosses to bear.
    I don't know why that got my hair ruffed.
    Anyway...no hard feelings.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I could afford to spend the bucks on a full "Traxxion" set-up if I felt the need..But for now, and my style of riding, I will leave the bike alone...For my money and interests, my dealer, who has sold "gobs" of trikes, many, many, Goldwings etc. tells me I should be fine with the All-Balls bearings, Progressive fork springs, maybe a fork brace and new heavier fork oil....When the time comes down the road, maybe, just maybe, if I keep the bike, I might do what they suggest and be happy....You younger guys can spend what you want on the "Traxxion" deal, but for me it would just be a waste of good money!!!..JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I could afford to spend the bucks on a full "Traxxion" set-up if I felt the need..But for now, and my style of riding, I will leave the bike alone...For my money and interests, my dealer, who has sold "gobs" of trikes, many, many, Goldwings etc. tells me I should be fine with the All-Balls bearings, Progressive fork springs, maybe a fork brace and new heavier fork oil....When the time comes down the road, maybe, just maybe, if I keep the bike, I might do what they suggest and be happy....You younger guys can spend what you want on the "Traxxion" deal, but for me it would just be a waste of good money!!!..JMHO.
    Well spoken sir.
    I know I am keeping the bike in its two wheeled state for a VERY long time.
    And I like to bend her around corners....

Like I wrote, the tapered bearings and the fork brace will make a significant improvement in any F6B.
    And we'll read JimmyT's evaluation of the Progressive struts hopefully very soon.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Well spoken sir.
    I know I am keeping the bike in its two wheeled state for a VERY long time.
    And I like to bend her around corners....

Like I wrote, the tapered bearings and the fork brace will make a significant improvement in any F6B.
    And we'll read JimmyT's evaluation of the Progressive struts hopefully very soon.

Cheers,
    Steve
    If I get off my ass. I got home form work, yeah that is STILL a BIG part o my vocabulary, put my laptop back together. Had tore it apart to replace the CPU fan and it came yesterday. Then the wife had bought the Blue Ray "Doctor Strange" . Just finished that and it's 9:00 . Almost ready to go to bed and start the cycle over again. That's life. I will probably get the forks done this weekend if I can stay off the Valkyrie. Really, I've got several things going on with the B and debating getting my seat redone.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    If I get off my ass. I got home form work, yeah that is STILL a BIG part o my vocabulary, put my laptop back together. Had tore it apart to replace the CPU fan and it came yesterday. Then the wife had bought the Blue Ray "Doctor Strange" . Just finished that and it's 9:00 . Almost ready to go to bed and start the cycle over again. That's life. I will probably get the forks done this weekend if I can stay off the Valkyrie. Really, I've got several things going on with the B and debating getting my seat redone.
    I did say "hopefully", my friend.
    You'll get to it when you do. Period.
    In the mean time, I'm going to learn my new game.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Smile Spaghetti

Im eating spaghetti for the next 2 months to afford the traxxion update.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Im eating spaghetti for the next 2 months to afford the traxxion update.!!!
    Ramen is cheaper. And on the weekends, you can splurge and crack an egg into it while it is boiling

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Steve,
    I read through most of your posts about your upgrade but really didn't find what it was that had you make the change. Were there certain issues such as suspension hop or a wiggle in long sweeping corners? or just that you were after a better ride?

I never liked the rear suspension on my 6. I am happy with the handling and the front suspension seems to do a good job for me but as one of the guys at Traxxion said " the best you know is the best you have had" .
    I have watched all the info videos Traxxion put out know the rear spring needs to be changed but I just haven't felt (for me personally) the work involved in the spring swap is worth my experimenting as I do all my own work and may not get it right the first time.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.