For us poor souls laying up our F6Bs for winter

Thread: For us poor souls laying up our F6Bs for winter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    So yeah, me too on the Seafoam.
    5 men's opinions.

Of course, with one estrogen-based dissenting comment, we're all wrong.
    +6

I use Seafoam whenever I lay stuff up for storage. Been using it for years without issue. Here in the Great North Wet we have the option for ethanol free gas, however none of the stations I frequent carry it. I just rotated my stored gas this weekend and refilled the cans with Cheveron 91 and Seafoam.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    +6

I use Seafoam whenever I lay stuff up for storage. Been using it for years without issue. Here in the Great North Wet we have the option for ethanol free gas, however none of the stations I frequent carry it. I just rotated my stored gas this weekend and refilled the cans with Cheveron 91 and Seafoam.
    +7 I use Sea Foam in every gasoline engine I own. Never a issue with any gas which has been treated with the SF

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    +7 I use Sea Foam in every gasoline engine I own. Never a issue with any gas which has been treated with the SF
    I had been using Stabil until a couple years ago when I must have gotten ahold of an old bottle and it made my bikes, mowers, etc. "pop and crack" so I switched to Seafoam and not issue one!...Meijers has it on sale occasionally for about $6 or so and I get a few at a time..Advance Auto had them on "Sale" the other day for $8....so I stick with Meijers.....Best stuff around in my humble opinion....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I had been using Stabil until a couple years ago when I must have gotten ahold of an old bottle and it made my bikes, mowers, etc. "pop and crack" so I switched to Seafoam and not issue one!...Meijers has it on sale occasionally for about $6 or so and I get a few at a time..Advance Auto had them on "Sale" the other day for $8....so I stick with Meijers.....Best stuff around in my humble opinion....Ride safe
    I found Wally World to have the best price for Sea Foam. Less than $7.00 a can and they always have it in stock. As it seems there's a WalMart on every street corner in America there is never a problem getting several cans

Red face Under Cover!

My Baby has been under the cover for a couple of weeks already. That will be her for at least six months. She's fully fuelled, washed and polished and purring in the garage
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I will bring this up once again

You guys are worried about water in the fuel, moisture caused by cold and heat, and I say again what has more trouble with water than a boat. Your using 7 ounces of seafoam to treat 7 gallons of fuel. Stabil 360 marine with vapor technology treats 10 gallons of fuel with 1 ounce of Stabil. an 8 ounce container treats 80 gallons for a buck or two more than your seafoam. The vapor technology keeps the unused portion of the tank above the fuel in tip top shape thru the storage period. Storage of gasoline for 2 years guaranteed. That is all I will say about that and you can use what ever turns your crank. We all have our favorites.