Discontinuing f6? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discontinuing f6?

2017 F6B

I just bought a 2017 F6B in Canada, it's matte silver, darker then the 2015/16, it's the only colour available in Canada, and they are selling here like hotcakes

Dave...

timing

Quote Originally Posted by Flhfxd View Post
    I completely understand. Just to clarify, I'm trying to "time" my purchase ie: do I get an F6B in 2017.....cause they may be discontinued? Or do I wait for the new (someone suggested 2018) GoldWing cause it just might be, even better with quick detach backrest, luggage rack, aft trunk, and super slick F6B styling.....? Hmmmmmm.......
    If past sales are any indicator they will have plenty 2017's left over in the showrooms in 2018 if the new Goldwing is brought out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by drtsb View Post
    I just bought a 2017 F6B in Canada, it's matte silver, darker then the 2015/16, it's the only colour available in Canada, and they are selling here like hotcakes

Dave...
    If that's the case, U.S. Dealers will be sending their left over stock up your way. If you buy one without a "tool kit" then it was destined for the US. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by drtsb View Post

Dave...
    Oh no...!!!! I don't care for silver, I really want the fastest color...heheheheheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Flhfxd View Post
    Oh no...!!!! I don't care for silver, I really want the fastest color...heheheheheh.
    Then you need the matte silver.

The matte silver color actually is the result of a color change, induced from the thermodynamics of speed when the bike is tested at the factory. No other F6B's color undergoes this thermodynamically related color transformation, since they cannot attain the top speed and acceleration of the matte silver model.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I believe it is the inverse square of the speed of dark....
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)

Matte Silver is available in Canada this year. Still a few 2016 on showroom floors in my area.

I looked on The Honda USA website and there is no mention of a 2017 for the USA.

Beagle

trying to do timing is a great way to miss out on something you want.

if you want the bike, then just go ahead and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    trying to do timing is a great way to miss out on something you want.

if you want the bike, then just go ahead and buy it.
    Well I could do that, but I have to sell a couple of my bikes before I buy another new one. Its a garage space thing. And Im a patient buyer. Thx

BTW another advantage of having a low volume model that has been discontinued, maybe, is - very low demand on the stolen market for your high end accesories, for example, I am very confident my expensive RDL seat is not a big item locally in the city with the crackheads and thieves because they don't even know what my bike is never mind finding another one to sell the hot stuff to. Now if I ride my Sportster around there is a possibility my chrome luggage rack might be at risk because those things are like ants around here.