44% off on Infinity Kappa 62.11i Speakers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 44% off on Infinity Kappa 62.11i Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on these ths61-- just ordered. Curious about your (or Ghostrider's) bezel trim technique. Any tricks or advice you can share?
    I just trimmed with a palm sander. I tried different ways and this seemed to worked the best. And yes, you have to drill a slightly bigger hole for the metric screw. I installed them "terminals down". I also just cut the old connector off and screwed the wire directly to the terminal but a better way would be to have some kind of pin connector. I didn't use any batting in the cavity but I did put on the foam they came with for the seating area. Also I re-hooked up the original tweeters in the speaker grill which I guess is optional.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I just trimmed with a palm sander. I tried different ways and this seemed to worked the best. And yes, you have to drill a slightly bigger hole for the metric screw. I installed them "terminals down". I also just cut the old connector off and screwed the wire directly to the terminal but a better way would be to have some kind of pin connector. I didn't use any batting in the cavity but I did put on the foam they came with for the seating area. Also I re-hooked up the original tweeters in the speaker grill which I guess is optional.
    Hooking up the tweeters in the grill will change the impedance of the load on your bike's amp which may cause a problem. If you hooked them up in parallel, it will drop the impedance very low and strain the amp.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Hooking up the tweeters in the grill will change the impedance of the load on your bike's amp which may cause a problem. If you hooked them up in parallel, it will drop the impedance very low and strain the amp.
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the heads up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the heads up.
    Your Kappa's have a tweeter low/high switch on them so you can attenuate the tweeters. They are bright enough by themselves that you should not need the stock tweeters.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    You Kappa's have a tweeter low/high switch on them so you can attenuate the tweeters. They are bright enough by themselves that you should not need the stock tweeters.
    Damn impedance!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fantastic advice on the install! Thank you both for the guidance . . . looking forward to getting this job done!