F6B or Full Wing...? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: F6B or Full Wing...?

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss, Jim! I'm betting the way you feel now is better than any motorcycle upgrade you can imagine. You can't buy physical fitness, you have to earn it!
    [Edit: Kevin! Didn't realize it was you.]

How right you are. The first 30 pounds were pretty easy really... portion control is the key for me.
    The next 5 took some work... had to kick in the exercise... but these last 5 pounds... ugh.

I do feel much better. Many of my old clothes fit again. My XXL motorcycle jacket is now too big. All good things.
    I've tossed out my 40" waist pants and vowed to never go there again.
    38's fit fine, and I'll push till I'm back into 36's before I stop... even if I reach my 215 goal.

Thanx for the support.

Jim

Congrats on your weight loss Jim!!!
    Keep them off during X-mas time!

Regarding the F6B or full Wing: I rode both before my purchase of the B.
    With 6.3" and 34 inseam I sat much better on the B, the position was less cramped. The seat of the Wing fixes your position and doesnt allow you to slide backwards and stretch some more. My knees were more bent on the Wing and the handlebar seemed too close.
    Besides that i preferred the look of the B without the trunk. My wife is very happy and comfortable riding on the back of the B.
    Then 2 month ago I made it even better by having the seat customized at my local upholstery, 2" higher up and 2" more backwards. i also added highway pegs to relax my legs from time to time.
    Now add some adjustable Helibars and there you have perfect Batmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
    Congrats on your weight loss Jim!!!
    Keep them off during X-mas time!

Regarding the F6B or full Wing: I rode both before my purchase of the B.
    With 6.3" and 34 inseam I sat much better on the B, the position was less cramped. The seat of the Wing fixes your position and doesnt allow you to slide backwards and stretch some more. My knees were more bent on the Wing and the handlebar seemed too close.
    Besides that i preferred the look of the B without the trunk. My wife is very happy and comfortable riding on the back of the B.
    Then 2 month ago I made it even better by having the seat customized at my local upholstery, 2" higher up and 2" more backwards. i also added highway pegs to relax my legs from time to time.
    Now add some adjustable Helibars and there you have perfect Batmobile.
    Thank you very much.

I've pretty much consigned myself to purchase the F6B, and I'm pretty well decided I will pick up a very slightly used one. I'm looking at two different 2013's that have tons of aftermarket stuff, have less than 5,000 miles on them, and are priced at $11,000 or best offer. I may have to travel a bit to retrieve them, but hey... that's part of the adventure. I'll get by without factory cruise for now, and at the substantial savings that are available, I could paint any one of them White and still come out ahead. If there were any major differences between the last few years model (there are none to speak of), then I could more easily justify the new bike. But if I buy used, and Honda comes out with something major in the next upgrade... I could part with the used bike and move up without having to take a big depreciation hit.

At least that's my current thinking going into Winter... where the prices should drop a little more as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I'm looking at two different 2013's that have tons of aftermarket stuff, have less than 5,000 miles on them, and are priced at $11,000 or best offer.
    SMH. That's incredible value for this bike. Some previous owner's massive loss is going to be your gain! Sad to see the decline in popularity of this bike, but since I'm not planning on selling I suppose it doesn't really impact me. Especially since so many parts are compatible with the standard Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    SMH. That's incredible value for this bike. Some previous owner's massive loss is going to be your gain! Sad to see the decline in popularity of this bike, but since I'm not planning on selling I suppose it doesn't really impact me. Especially since so many parts are compatible with the standard Wing.
    Yeah, there is one on eBay and one on CycleTrader... both are a great deal, and both have several aftermarket upgrades. Once again, I just wish I was closer to these bikes. I spent $650 to have my PC800 shipped here from Texas. It was at a dealership which made everything easier. Both of these bikes are private parties. Dealerships are hardly likely to take your money and run. But I'm not sure I have the same faith in a private party deal.

Anyone out there near Chanute, Kansas?

[Edit: Just got off the phone with the Kansas seller... nice guy. Says he wants an amount equal to what I was going to offer, so that part fits. Shipping (using a shipper I am familiar with) is just under $700 to California. He says that if it doesn't sell soon, he'll just put it away and relist in the spring for a better price...
    All this makes sense. Man...this would make a great Christmas present to myself. ]

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Yeah, there is one on eBay and one on CycleTrader... both are a great deal, and both have several aftermarket upgrades. Once again, I just wish I was closer to these bikes. I spent $650 to have my PC800 shipped here from Texas. It was at a dealership which made everything easier. Both of these bikes are private parties. Dealerships are hardly likely to take your money and run. But I'm not sure I have the same faith in a private party deal.

Anyone out there near Chanute, Kansas?

[Edit: Just got off the phone with the Kansas seller... nice guy. Says he wants an amount equal to what I was going to offer, so that part fits. Shipping (using a shipper I am familiar with) is just under $700 to California. He says that if it doesn't sell soon, he'll just put it away and relist in the spring for a better price...
    All this makes sense. Man...this would make a great Christmas present to myself. ]
    I used Haul Bikes in September to ship from SC to UT. They were professional and their drivers are motorcycle riders themselves, so know how to treat one. Everything went perfect. Even received my bike 2 days earlier than I expected. They were offering a deal at the time of $450 anywhere to anywhere with $15K in insurance ($500 deductible). I paid an extra $50 to make that deductible $0. Not sure if they are still offering the deal, but worth a look. https://haulbikes.com/

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DTOM View Post
    I used Haul Bikes in September to ship from SC to UT. They were professional and their drivers are motorcycle riders themselves, so know how to treat one. Everything went perfect. Even received my bike 2 days earlier than I expected. They were offering a deal at the time of $450 anywhere to anywhere with $15K in insurance ($500 deductible). I paid an extra $50 to make that deductible $0. Not sure if they are still offering the deal, but worth a look. https://haulbikes.com/

Good luck!
    THAT... my friend, is excellent info. They are currently offering $600, but that's still better than the $691 that Federal is quoting (though I've used them before and they are also good). I'll follow up with this today.

Thanx for the lead.

Jim

Good Luck on your pending purchase and congrats on your weight loss!
    I have owned both an F6B and a full Wing and in my case the full Wing won out. The only reason being that my wife could never get comfortable on the back and riding is something we do together about 75% of the time. If I was riding solo most of the time I would have kept the F6B. I had to spend alot of money in seating, floorboard relocation and bar pull backs to get as comfortable on the Wing as I was on my F6B. If Des at Ultimate seats had not been able to push me back from the bars a few inches I would never been able to match the comfort from the F6B right out of the crate.

The Wing has a few luxuries that I enjoy but with the exception of cruise control I could live without them. Once I have had a bike with cruise, there is no going back. I would also look for a one or two year old F6B that is still under warranty and the original seller has taken the major hit on resale price. You also tend to get most of the add-ons for free. Personally, I would go with a 15 or newer to get the cruise and I would only purchase a deluxe.

I wish you many happy miles and smiles!

Dave
    Attachment 24815
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Well... I did it...

Committed to the bike in Kansas:

2013 Honda F6B Deluxe, Red.
    2770 miles.
    Three windshields:

• Stock - clear,
    • Slipstreamer Tall Touring - clear with vent,
    • Bagger 11/19 smoked/clear,

12 volt acc. plugin.
    Throttle Master cruise control bar ends.
    Honda luggage rack.
    Rush chrome exhaust Big Louie 4 inch - 2.5 baffle. (Stock Exhaust included - but I love the tips on the Rush - they match the Bar Ends - we'll see)
    Bilt motorcycle cover.

Working out details and shipping now, but I should have the bike here in California around Christmas.

Phew! This took a while, lost my 40 pounds and still going.
    Compromised a bit on the White 2016 of my dreams, but this move makes more sense to me right now.
    And... If Honda blows us all away with a next-gen Gold Wing in 2018... I could still make a switch and not take a huge hit financially.

So far, I'm feeling really good about all of it.

Cool

Congrats! And the bonus is, it'll be zippier with a better power to weight ratio!