Sturgis '14 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sturgis '14

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Road to 730 miles straight through pulling the loaded to the brim Bushtec trailer.
    Averaging 80 miles per hour. 30 miles to the gallon.
    Didn't even know it was back there , very happy with that purchase. 150 miles riding the Black Hills yesterday 200 today.
    Did I say I love this bike.

I don't think they are home yet.. I got back last night.

The bike caused a stir wherever I went. People came up and asked all sorts of questions. Wives were tugging at their husbands sleeves or tapping on their shoulders and pointing. Several wives drug their husbands into the Corbin compound to look at my bike parked there. I probably sold several F6Bs this week.

Who is that with the yellow Bushtec? Choptop?
    I blasted past him near Cheyenne on my way to the gas station, and found him again in Lusk.
    Him and his buddy turned off to their destination before the Black Hills.

Then I prayed upon some Harleys in the pass. passed them like last weeks laundry.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    I don't think they are home yet.. I got back last night.

The bike caused a stir wherever I went. People came up and asked all sorts of questions. Wives were tugging at their husbands sleeves or tapping on their shoulders and pointing. Several wives drug their husbands into the Corbin compound to look at my bike parked there. I probably sold several F6Bs this week.

Who is that with the yellow Bushtec? Choptop?
    I blasted past him near Cheyenne on my way to the gas station, and found him again in Lusk.
    Him and his buddy turned off to their destination before the Black Hills.

Then I prayed upon some Harleys in the pass. passed them like last weeks laundry.
    Not me, I have a black Bushtec and dropped/locked it in camp on the 29th and didn't move again till the next Monday, kinda liked the attention. lol

I know the guy's in here; he has LED strip lights on the back of the bike and a yellow trailer.
    He wouldn't tell me his screen name, but I know I've seen the bike before..

Hook caught up with me at Corbin, so he'll be posting pics soon (I think).

Sorry I wasn't more social, I had my hands full with my sister and brother in law. He's recovering from triple bypass surgery less than 6 months ago.

SATX group Planning for 75th

We are already planning and making reservations for a house in STURGIS. 75th is going to be a big deal and I bet the prices rise exponencially. Still a good ride there from TX and a bunch of fun. Glencoe will be our 2nd choice if a house is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    We are already planning and making reservations for a house in STURGIS. 75th is going to be a big deal and I bet the prices rise exponencially. Still a good ride there from TX and a bunch of fun. Glencoe will be our 2nd choice if a house is not available.
    Stayed at Glencoe this time out and the previous 6 or so times. Like it, plenty of shade, good food, Full Throttle and Beaver bar right out the gate and dare I say it, Da Bobbies. Only down side is going threw town to get anywere and that is a pain after opening day, thats why we go early and leave early.

If I go next year, club is organizing a Sturgis/Black Hills/Yellowstone ride next June/July, I will stay at Glencoe.

I don't know.. too much noise and crowds for me. I saw everything I wanted to see in town over two days.
    If I go again, it will be for some black hills rides and national monuments away from the hussle. I found Deadwood more interesting than Sturgis.

I don't want to do it in a tent again.

Sturgis 2014 Needles Hwy

I just got home from my 4500+ ride After Sturgis I went to see some old friends and one pair I haven't seen in over 40 years I rode down to Oklahoma and saw some of my friends from the show Street Outlaws. Then to Colorado the thru Arizona and home....
    I took a lot of pictures and they are the same everybody has seen before....But here's two that I thought where cool

Hook, you are the coolest!

You should have rung my phone if you were passing through Denver.

Oh, and send a copy of that pic to Rick over at Wing Stuff!