My other "B"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My other "B"

My other "B"

This is my other B, '
    90 Ford , Airstream B190, recent purchase for my retirement years.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This is my other B, '
    90 Ford , Airstream B190, recent purchase for my retirement years.
    Never have I seen such a beast as that

Is that a "pop up" on top?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Never have I seen such a beast as that

Is that a "pop up" on top?
    No, it is a fiberglass top, I can walk threw it w/no problems, bed over cab, jackknife couch, twin, stove, micro, fridge, shower and toilet, heater and of course air conditioning, on a 1 ton ford chassis w/a 460 engine.

I average around 40MPG on my F6B. How many FEET per gallon does that get?
    Cool looking rig though.

[QUOTE=Av8er;159888]I average around 40MPG on my F6B. How many FEET per gallon does that get?
    Cool looking rig though.[/QUOTE

Lol, I prefer to ride the F6b, for the mpg, my "other" B only gets 10, but it is fun to drive, no need for a motel, I can boondoggle, park and overnight almost anywhere, and it is paid for.

[QUOTE=choptop;159894]
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    I average around 40MPG on my F6B. How many FEET per gallon does that get?
    Cool looking rig though.[/QUOTE

Lol, I prefer to ride the F6b, for the mpg, my "other" B only gets 10, but it is fun to drive, no need for a motel, I can boondoggle, park and overnight almost anywhere, and it is paid for.
    Nice looking rig, hope you get some use from it...Had one similar to it years ago and sold it after a couple of trips to the West..At 10+ miles a gallon, cost of the thing in the first place, difficult to find places to park/camp, etc..We discovered we could stay in motels along the way sleep much better, and actually save much more money over the long run...But, to each his own as they say, and hope it works for you.....Regards and ride safe

[QUOTE=opas ride;159900]

Nice looking rig, hope you get some use from it...Had one similar to it years ago and sold it after a couple of trips to the West..At 10+ miles a gallon, cost of the thing in the first place, difficult to find places to park/camp, etc..We discovered we could stay in motels along the way sleep much better, and actually save much more money over the long run...But, to each his own as they say, and hope it works for you.....Regards and ride safe
    To me it’s not about the money. I like to know where I am sleeping. I have gotten bed bugs twice from really nice expensive hotels. I despise hotels!!
    We had a 38’ motor coach about 4 years ago when my kids were 3 and 7 and we loved it. We got about 7mpg with it and I was ecstatic when I saw 8. We ended up selling it and bought a 33’ boat to stay on while at the anchorage’s we frequently go to. We got a whopping 0.9 miles to a gallon with the twin Volvo penta IO’s. Honestly I liked the coach better than the boat but happy wife is happy life.

[QUOTE=opas ride;159900]

I admit to being an impulsive buyer, I decided I wanted one and bought one. At 67, I don't know how long I will be riding bike and this seamed like a good way to get away from home. I hope to get enough use out of it to make it worth while and I do believe I will. Hell I can hook my trailer up to it and go to Menards and get lumber or what ever, it parks in a regular parking spot, it will be good clean fun and if I can't ride to that far away destination, I can trailer and then ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post

To me it’s not about the money. I like to know where I am sleeping. I have gotten bed bugs twice from really nice expensive hotels. I despise hotels!!
    We had a 38’ motor coach about 4 years ago when my kids were 3 and 7 and we loved it. We got about 7mpg with it and I was ecstatic when I saw 8. We ended up selling it and bought a 33’ boat to stay on while at the anchorage’s we frequently go to. We got a whopping 0.9 miles to a gallon with the twin Volvo penta IO’s. Honestly I liked the coach better than the boat but happy wife is happy life.

I’ve only been hit by bed bugs once; on the duty train from Bremerhaven to Frankfurt.

Nasty.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I’ve only been hit by bed bugs once; on the duty train from Bremerhaven to Frankfurt.

Nasty.
    I have a cab over camper and a box trailer for base camping. Works great, haul to wherever and set up camp, offload the B, explore for a few days, load up, move to the next spot and repeat. Saves on hotels and food as you have everything with you. Bonus as you eat better than if you were eating out every night.