Guns, what sort of response

Thread: Guns, what sort of response

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yep i remember when i grew up in the centre of Melbourne we had a ferrel cat problem and i often came home from school and found my mother in the backyard with the .22 and a hand full of bullets, i always reckoned that the men in white coats would come and drag her off but they never did i guess the neighbours just accepted it and kept their heads down when they heard her shooting.

As far as drugs go i think that the majority of our problems here are drug related especially ice which apparently is cheap enough but users still need money to buy it.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    Yep i remember when i grew up in the centre of Melbourne we had a ferrel cat problem and i often came home from school and found my mother in the backyard with the .22 and a hand full of bullets, i always reckoned that the men in white coats would come and drag her off but they never did i guess the neighbours just accepted it and kept their heads down when they heard her shooting.

As far as drugs go i think that the majority of our problems here are drug related especially ice which apparently is cheap enough but users still need money to buy it.

Chris
    Australia seems to have a lot of feral critters that require culling.

Cull Hunting

Drugs are the root of all evil...80% of time is drug related, in one form or other...100% of all US monies in this country have coke on them...I say legalize ALL drugs, so you can buy the stuff at the 7-11...and let them kill themselves off....at least they will not be breaking into your home!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Drugs are the root of all evil...80% of time is drug related, in one form or other...100% of all US monies in this country have coke on them...I say legalize ALL drugs, so you can buy the stuff at the 7-11...and let them kill themselves off....at least they will not be breaking into your home!
    I wouldn't go that far, but it would not bother me if in order for someone to buy recreational drugs from a controlled drug store they would have to have the right endorsement on their ID card and could only buy drugs in very limited quantities. That way the drug addicts could get their drugs, employers could check the ID cards and if they were willing to hire a addict they would have foreknowledge of it. And of course anybody with any drug endorsement would not be allowed to work at any job where they could endanger public safety.
    JAYGO

I think you are right, there has to be a better way of handling the drug situation, maybe decriminalise and provide support for those hooked as jaygollner suggests.
    The problem is only going to get worse if we do nothing and of course it includes muggings and house break-ins with addicts trying to find money to fuel their habit.

There you go, this forum has done it again, solved the problems of the world, what's next

chris

Clyde Barrow walked right into the best gun control available in the U.S. a National Guard armory and came away with a Browning fully automatic 30-06.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Clyde Barrow walked right into the best gun control available in the U.S. a National Guard armory and came away with a Browning fully automatic 30-06.
    Yea in 1933 about 82 years ago......

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,000 to 310,000,000 then add that the defense forces of the United States are reported to have 2,700,000 more.
    NO WAY anyone is going to control guns in the US to the point of removing or registering everyone of them, that's an undisputable fact!

Guns are like the weather...you can talk about them all day & night, but you're never going to eliminate them or control it in America.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/