F6B To The Dark Side

Thread: F6B To The Dark Side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll step into this discussion.

I ran a Michelin HydroEdge on my VTX 1800R and it had over 14,000 miles on the tire when I sold the bike.

Several comments I will make.
    1. Hydroplaning more with a CT....Fairy tale. You can quote all the engineers, use any mathematical formulas you want. Just one of the many experiences in the rain, I ran down I40 from Nashville, TN to Memphis, TN is a downpour. As most know, I40 is nothing but "packs" of truckers which will do a number on the pavement creating those tract channels. When raining, those tracks fill with water. The HydroEdge was sticking to the pavement like glue at 70+ mph shooting a 10' rooster tail. Did I use an formula for that experience? Nope, the seat of my pants and what I was feeling and not feeling. No one knows how my bike "feels" better than I do.

2. The softer sidewall of a car tire can't take the flexing that a motorcycle tire does....Fairy tale. As someone stated before, it's not 4,000lbs flexing the sidewall of the tire. I ran the dragon tail several times with some of my TN friends and all of us on VTX's. After they tried keeping up with me on those 318 curves, 3 of them went to CT afterwards.

CT are not going to be for everyone for whatever reason. I don't push anyone to try a CT. I bought the Kumho RF for my 07 wing and I had just 7k on it when I sold the wing last week. I kept the wheel and tire. Guess what is going on my F6B when it's time for a rear tire?

Last comment: To date there has NOT been a report of a motorcycle accident that was the results of a CT on the motorcycle.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

darkside

Has anyone tried a bridgestone driveguard RF?.

Test to move
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com