Looking for info on the best passenger backrest & luggage rack - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for info on the best passenger backrest & luggage rack

Attachment 8393

Corbin backrest, had them extend to a peak, and reinforce oem bracket. All done in Hollister.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Deluxe View Post
    Attachment 8393

Corbin backrest, had them extend to a peak, and reinforce oem bracket. All done in Hollister.
    Corbin makes what, 2 dozen different backrests? I couldn't identify yours from their website.
    OK, a custom job.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Any idea what model or part # that Corbin backrest is?
    Did its bolt holes match up with the Ultimate extender bolt holes, or did you have to fabricate?
    My wife would also like a larger backrest than the Honda accessory backrest that is now on my bike.
    Bought the extender from a member here and it fits without modification. Also the Corbin fits. Has the same bolt pattern as stock seat

More Back Rest Risers

I should have this up on Ebay by this Friday the 12th....... if people chose not to go thru Ebay and by thru the board should be able to save $5...which saves me $5 I won't have to pay to Ebay....

Direct copy of the OEM, with the exception of the center hole behind the pad.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

backrest

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Corbin makes what, 2 dozen different backrests? I couldn't identify yours from their website.
    OK, a custom job.
    The Corbin people will make to your liking, on this job I didn't like stubby round look on top, so I had them raise to a point. By raising the pad, they had to reinforce the bracket, so it would not flex. All the extra bells and whistles at no cost. You just have to go in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Deluxe View Post
    The Corbin people will make to your liking, on this job I didn't like stubby round look on top, so I had them raise to a point. By raising the pad, they had to reinforce the bracket, so it would not flex. All the extra bells and whistles at no cost. You just have to go in person.
    Thank you. I'll likely have to get a custom backrest made by a local upholsterer. Corbin will be way too expensive.

Ultimate seat for the F6B can be bought that fits their backrest into the seat. No OEM bracket needed.

Thanks guys,
    Rumble bee, If i didn't have the RT to sell first i think i would grab that one, right colour and milage, oh well.

Here's my solution and, no I didn't want a GoldWing either. I figured that if the only way to get the Mrs. or kids on the bike was to make it comfortable (and have lots of room for the "stuff" the Mrs. will buy), I'd better sacrifice some of the great looks/lines and go for function over form.
    Here is it:Attachment 8420Attachment 8421Attachment 8422Attachment 8423Attachment 8424

The rack that supports the case is from Twisted Throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/steel...r-honda-f6b-13
    Order the mounting hardware from Twisted as well.

The big ass case is from Givi http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products...ck-case-detail
    They also sell the backrest for the case.

When I ride by myself I have only the hardware mounts sticking up on the rack. Not for everyone (anyone?) but it'll work for me.

I apologize in advance if I screwed up the links - rookie here.

Schnapps, I'm impressed with the Givi, do you happen to have any side on shots? price is certainly good and i love the clean lines of the mounting.

Rumble bee, you should not have sent me the link to Peter Stevens in Melbourne. They are now preparing to send the bike up to Canberra, I was happy with the price, thanks very much.

Chris