How do you drive the speed limit on a F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you drive the speed limit on a F6B

Crank the suspension to "Max Firm" and with more road feel, your backside monitors the speed for you.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Generally bikes are hard to get a good reading on with radar. My town has one of the boxes that tells you what speed you are driving. In the truck it picks me up way out. On the bike about 50 ft before it gives an accurate reading. Less frontal area.

I bought this bike to slow down,so for me it is as easy as looking around at the beautiful things that I used to miss.
    With my V Star I had to ride hard to keep up with the touring bikes in our group.
    I felt like although we were on mostly back roads,I still was always pushing hard and not enjoying anything.
    Now it is slow and relaxing the way it should be.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Top Speed equals 124-125 mph. Computer cutout kicks in there. Not saying I went that fast Mr PO PO.
    My rev limiter has been raised in each gear and my top speed limiter has been removed....mine will go much faster than 125 mph now...I just need to see how much more. In the 140's I'm guessing.
    The force is strong in this one.....

In New Jersey everyone drives above the speed limit.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

I have received one speeding ticket and several written warnings, until I bought an Adaptiv TPX radar detector it has helped me slow down a bit.

http://www.adaptivtechnologies.com/g...radar-detector

Oh Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    In order for that to be an official disclaimer you have to call it. Although I have never been that fast I have heard that they will do it. I never exceed the speed limits. Promise
    President of the liars club, way to go shooter keep them guessing

I hear ya Steve... it's hard to keep such a great riding bike contained.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    My rev limiter has been raised in each gear

Why would you do this?

You may actually be hurting performance; the bike loses steam pretty quickly in the upper RPMs. On the OEM setup, you'll shift at about 6500... the engine will drop to about 4500... run it back up to 6500... repeat. The bike already shifts exactly where it should relative to the location of peak hp.

Now... if you did some breather mods that increases high RPM efficiency, THEN increased rev limits may buy ya something. This would need something more than a filter though... port, polish, and valve job.

Dyno courtesy of Nedro; I believe this is a stock Goldwing.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Why would you do this?

You may actually be hurting performance; the bike loses steam pretty quickly in the upper RPMs. On the OEM setup, you'll shift at about 6500... the engine will drop to about 4500... run it back up to 6500... repeat. The bike already shifts exactly where it should relative to the location of peak hp.

Now... if you did some breather mods that increases high RPM efficiency, THEN increased rev limits may buy ya something. This would need something more than a filter though... port, polish, and valve job.

Dyno courtesy of Nedro; I believe this is a stock Goldwing.

Don Guhl of Guhl racing knows much more about motorcycle engines than I ever will. He said this was an ideal performance upgrade reflash for my bike with exhaust and a K&N. That's why I let him do it....the bike is a different animal with his tune so I'm not questioning him.....
    The force is strong in this one.....