Is there a video on oil change ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a video on oil change ?

Me and you both, XKnight! Like you, I was a little surprised when I saw that reaction to our two posts. Interestingly enough, that video is one of the first ones that pops up when you search for Goldwing oil changes. I actually watched some of it and decided that it would be a good one to link to. Frankly, I thought it was a pretty well-done video and, after all, we were trying to respond to a new rider with the message that it's not a difficult job at all. You just never know how you are going to be received when you post something.
    Ken (Hornblower)

4k oil change....

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    +1

I still feel a little nervous doing so, but I think that's exactly what I might end up doing.
    Concur. I am going to follow the manual. But this is "new" territory for me. I like changing oil. It's fun to change oil. I think I am doing goodness by changing oil. Especially the first oil change which was ALWAYS before 1000 miles on anything I have every owned.

But I have seen a Valk (15,500 miles) where the rings never "scrubbed in" and she burned oil. Only running it on Full Choke for a tank of gas at highway speeds did the engine shape up and stop burning oil.
    Since my riding is mostly commuting at speeds below 40, I shall wait until 4k. Even though I have the oil and filter already.....

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Me and you both, XKnight! Like you, I was a little surprised when I saw that reaction to our two posts. Interestingly enough, that video is one of the first ones that pops up when you search for Goldwing oil changes. I actually watched some of it and decided that it would be a good one to link to. Frankly, I thought it was a pretty well-done video and, after all, we were trying to respond to a new rider with the message that it's not a difficult job at all. You just never know how you are going to be received when you post something.
    Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I took it as a humor. No worries. Plus this will be my first time doing an oil change. So lil cautious.

That's a cute video.

Oil changes take me 10 minutes max. My changes were at 2500, 5k, 8k, and now 12k. 4k interval from now on. Rotella and Bosch for me.

I also thought the video was well done and cute. I would only add to warm the bike up some and to open the oil check to release any vacuum so the oil will flow freely...

The changing oil under 1K is " old thinking " .... it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks... as far as picking on some one...YA will do it all the time.... not meant to offend, just showing we care in our own special way!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

link for oil change video

this is so hilarious the i may let my 5 year old do my oil change and record him .
    just want to see how he does because he always want to help went im under my bike messing something up.

Gonna do mine soon too. Can I leave the front cowl on or should I take it off? Looks like I can get to the filter without taking it off. Just looking for some pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    Gonna do mine soon too. Can I leave the front cowl on or should I take it off? Looks like I can get to the filter without taking it off. Just looking for some pointers.
    If you use the right kind of filter wrench, no need to remove cowl.