Well hell!

Thread: Well hell!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!!

As already noted - glad you are typing and telling the tale!!!!
    If you need a 'tool' to assist in filling your deer tag this season, let me know.
    I have several fun options!!

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Deer are so unpredictable. And when you see one.. there's usually a couple more still unseen but close. I've read that the best thing to do is rapid de-acceleration and prepare to drive through them if required. swerving will likely produce contact due to their unpredictability.

I have never had a close call (yet) with deer while on my bike... but have in my truck.

Secondary roads arounf here where I'm at always increase my pucker factor at dawn/dusk. That's when they start moving. At night time right now... forgetaboutit.. I try not to run at night towards this coming time of year. deer up here are thicker than ticks on a hound dog.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

My 2 cents worth ....

Sorry to hear about your mishap, hope every thing goes back together quickly .....

Not to start any controversy but ....

After I retired and the wife was still active, I commuted from Norfolk. Va to Raleigh, NC every weekend for 6+ years across a road known as "Suicide Strip". I was averaging a "critter strike" every 3-4 months. These included dogs, cats deer, coons, possum, etc ....

After i bagged my 6th deer, I decided to add those cheap dear whistles from walmart.

15 years later and (knock on wood) I have yet to hit anything bigger than a squirrel.

As a side note, I put a set on an SUV roof, near the luggage rack. After 2 or 3 miles on the interstate I had to pull over and tear them off .... The noise made my teeth hurt !!!!

I am not saying they work and I am not advocating anyone to use them .... but I will not drive a vehicle without them.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd