Heel toe yes no? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Heel toe yes no?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Scotrod, When you hang your heel over the back of the mini board don't you hit the kickstand? This seems to happen to me all the time. I wonder if you move it far enough if the kickstand safety switch would cause the engine to kill.
    Unknown if the recent change in board position would allow my heel to contact the k-stand.

I do have the mini boards tilted down in the front and the heel depth of my riding boots (Timberland work boots) is only about 1/2 inch tall. Has not been an issue before, but will find out (hopefully soon) if it has become an issue with the latest change. Thanks for the 'heads up'!

Not for me. However, each rider should choose what they want.

I myself 'didn't like' H/T's before, but once you have one ya like, eh, it's kinda like the 'can't live without cruise' debate. I can live w/o H/T, but I'd prefer to have one that was easy to use/functional.
    I've never had any issues downshifting with the toe, but there have been occaisions where, for probably a couple reasons, I didn't get a 100% completer 'stroke/return' on my upshift. Made the shift, but not to 100 full detent.
    Dang lazy toes! LOL!

UPDATE

Meh,,,,

The Kury had great upshift-ability. It did move the left board out about an 1 1/2, which kind of became a shin scraper on occaision at stoplights. Also have to look at the K-stand when deploying to keep from accidently kicking into 2nd.

Wasn't really happy with the Kury 'toe' being as high as it was, so I was running'sans toe' with just the black plastic 'nub', which,,, when the board is 1 1/2 further away from the bike,,, eh,, really had to aim my foot inward to find it.

Never could devise a 'nub extended',,, Swapped out the Kury back to a Show Chrome unit I modded to miss the mini-board. yeah, it missed the mini, but it would hit the k stand on every upshift. Kind of a cheap made unit as well when compared to the Kury,,, so,,, took it off,,,

I'm back where I started,,,

Heel toe

I am with you brother
    I was at the Honda dealer they where saying most the Goldwings with trany problems
    Had the heel toe. I think it's like you said you get complacent with Heel toe,
    I can't put anything on that extends my foot out, my boot is always dragging the ground now. I didn't even have mini boards and the kick stand has a pain.
    Ok he's done

Toe only for me, I do not like the boards at all for my riding style. Also for shorter riders, they can create additional problems with reaching the ground and keeping their feet straight down while stopped.

Put the Kury H/T shifter on with the mini boards, allowed me to tilt the boards up one notch as I was dragging them a lot, still drag a little (I corner aggressively) but not often and the angel allows for a smooth 'scrapping' with no 'kick' back. Love them so far, not as nice as the custom ones on my VTX but close.

I guess I drive to hard. I has always dragging the peg with the just the heel toe shifter no drop boards. I very seldom drag the left with out it but I am always dragging the right one my boot shows the wear.
    Ok he's done