F6B or Full Wing...?
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: F6B or Full Wing...?

F6B or Full Wing...?

I'm only 2 pounds away from my goal of losing 40 pounds.
    Upon reaching that goal, I have told myself I'm free to purchase the Wing of my dreams. (I currently ride a 2003 ST1100P).

Some of you might remember my post from back in September when I had the opportunity to rent an F6B for a day in southern California. This trip started me on my diet and my quest for the perfect bike for me. I plan to do some touring/camping that will be 95% solo. I've been collecting my gear, and for the most part, it will fit in two saddlebags and either a top box, or a large tail bag that I already have. Now that I've been watching the market and gathering information to make an educated decision, I have three new concerns...

Do I plop $16k - $17k into the 2016 White F6B that originally caught my fancy?

+ has warranty
    + has Cruise Control
    + is what I originally wanted

- costs the most
    - huge depreciation hit

Or do I save several thousand dollars and get a 2013-2014?

+ big discounts and soft sellers market
    + may or may not have warranty

- doesn't have Cruise Control
    - can't get White

Or do I find a nice used "Full Wing" that would fit my needs?

+ great market for low mileage used bikes right now
    + already has Cruise and many other options that were stripped to create the F6B
    + trunk (something I fell in love with on my PC800)
    + plenty of White ones out there for sale

- not an F6b (will I miss the sportiness of the bagger?)
    - 900+ pounds (not something I'm afraid of... but really... 900+ pounds?)

I'm just looking for others opinions. Especially those who may have owned both bikes.

Thanx in advance for your thoughts.

Jim

I would consider renting a full wing for comparison. The seating position is different. The weight distribution is different.
    Riding the upward spiral.

You only go around life once and you can't take it with ya so if ya can do it financially why not get the bike of your dreams? The new white F6B would be my choosing if that was my dream steed. Good luck on whatever you choose as you will never go wrong choosing a Honda.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I'm only 2 pounds away from my goal of losing 40 pounds.
    Upon reaching that goal, I have told myself I'm free to purchase the Wing of my dreams. (I currently ride a 2003 ST1100P).

Some of you might remember my post from back in September when I had the opportunity to rent an F6B for a day in southern California. This trip started me on my diet and my quest for the perfect bike for me. I plan to do some touring/camping that will be 95% solo. I've been collecting my gear, and for the most part, it will fit in two saddlebags and either a top box, or a large tail bag that I already have. Now that I've been watching the market and gathering information to make an educated decision, I have three new concerns...

Do I plop $16k - $17k into the 2016 White F6B that originally caught my fancy?

+ has warranty
    + has Cruise Control
    + is what I originally wanted

- costs the most
    - huge depreciation hit

Or do I save several thousand dollars and get a 2013-2014?

+ big discounts and soft sellers market
    + may or may not have warranty

- doesn't have Cruise Control
    - can't get White

Or do I find a nice used "Full Wing" that would fit my needs?

+ great market for low mileage used bikes right now
    + already has Cruise and many other options that were stripped to create the F6B
    + trunk (something I fell in love with on my PC800)
    + plenty of White ones out there for sale

- not an F6b (will I miss the sportiness of the bagger?)
    - 900+ pounds (not something I'm afraid of... but really... 900+ pounds?)

I'm just looking for others opinions. Especially those who may have owned both bikes.

Thanx in advance for your thoughts.

Jim
    My opinion, for what it is worth, is to buy the GW if your planning on spending a lot of time on road trips..Better storage and a few more "whistles and bells"...The stock seat and windshield on the Wing are pretty much okay and good to go as is..Plus you have cruise control and heated seats which are not available on some F6B's (2013's)...I do not ride on long trips much anymore and the F6B works great for me with the Mustang seat, Baggershield windscreen, and Cobra pipes..Cruise control was a non-issue for me as I hardly ever used it on my other Touring bikes...The handling and weight is much better for me with the F6B and around town I prefer it over the larger and heavier Wing....Both great bikes and some excellent deals right now ....Bear in mind although, if it concerns you any, that rumor has it that the Goldwing is going to be significantly up-dated sometime in 2017 with the new 2018 models...Ride safe

I sold my Goldwing to get the F6B. I prefer the look of the bagger far more. Feels better to me as well. I usually only ride long distances and I have found the F6B to be every bit as comfortable and accommodating as my Goldwing. Less storage for sure, but a bag on the back seat and/or luggage rack works just fine. The cruise control is a must for me. You obviously don't need it on the fun roads, but the interstates are a must...in my opinion. There are some great deals out there on '15's if you can compromise on the white. And congrats on losing the weight! Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Get a 13 or 14 and save the money. Same bike . Spend the savings on a new seat ,ergo 3s, and a windshield.

my white f6b gets attention everywhere i go. it just looks classy, and the younger bitches love it.

https://aboutdawn.wordpress.com/2016...e-and-oneitis/

i prefer a slightly shiney look and have several coats of liquid glass on it. it has the sparkle look of the 07 shadow aero in the sun, and i think looks better than the straight matte finish.

and did i mention that the younger bitches love it?

Get the F6B!

I have owned a new 2012 GoldWing, and currently own a 2015 F6B. IN reality, you can't go wrong with either bike, but my thoughts are directed on the mission. Keep in mind, the Street Glide is one of the most popular Harley Davidson's, and for a good reason...I owned a new 2012 at the same time I had my Goldwing.

Two up touring, you HAVE to have the Goldwing! So...if you like to do a majority of your riding going on long distance trips...the GoldWing is the bike. It feels a lot heavier with the top-box, and does have a different seat and a few other intricacies. So, more comfortable, and passenger accommodations with luggage, this is your bike.

That being said. If you enjoy looking cool, a more maneuverable bike for your daily driver and go fetch some groceries, the F6B is your bike. It still can do the long distance tours, load the thing up with the kitchen sink strapped on, and you will love it! It just has that light of a feel compared to the GoldWing.

Goldwing or F6B?

In my opinion the F6B is the way to go. I traded a 07 Goldwing in on my 2015 F6B and I have absolutely no regrets. I disagree with a previous reply on the Wing being better for long trips and touring. I do a lot of touring and some motorcycle camping and the F6B gives up nothing at all to the wing on multi-day trips. I strap a large bag on the back seat and if needed another on the luggage rack. I made a three week trip in July and never missed having a trunk.

Its just one mans opinion but I think that it is worth the extra money to get a 2015. As I said I do a lot of touring and I enjoy the cruise.

In any case welcome to Forum

Circle-5
    If I had the money, I'd get one of each.