Got the itch again!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got the itch again!!!!

If I were to buy a harley it would cost me a mint. I'd have to have a CVO or pour money into a 107 to make it 120 ci to even begin. Have you priced this? No, I'm sticking with my F6B, which I have put some money into it too, but still don't have anywhere near what the above Harley would cost.

It would probably take a bad ass really new Gold Wing or am anxious to see the 1600B from BMW.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

How many here have ridden a new 2017 RG, especially the water cooled model?

Mike

If you gave me the top of line HD, FLH XPHRQTXYZ & told me I had to ride it & couldn't sell it. I'd tell you to keep it.
    I've rode a lot of bikes, without a doubt the entire HD line are at the very bottom of my list.
    My "B" is the best riding, best handling bike I've ever ridden & in my opinion the best looking. .
    Dat's my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    I have had my F6B for 3yrs now. Awesome ride , but kinda wanting a NEW bike. Went and looked at some new Harley's. Remind me now,, What would I be given up if I got a new Road Guild.
    How About and Indian Chieftain, I was real close to buying one vs the F6b, I went with my brain vs my heart. Love the Indians, had an 1987 Electroglide classic, so I got Harley out of my system. But the F6b is my last bike for me, so I went with the one that will last me for 300K.

HD's are great I have a 2013 1200 Sportster with 159 miles on it because after riding the F6B, approaching 30K miles, everything else is a step down as far as comfort, handling, acceleration and smoothness. I traded a 2013 Road Glide Custom, with only 4600 miles on it, for the F6B because the HEAT was unbearable in traffic, and that was the 103 cu.in.. A whole ride can be ruined when on the way there or the way back you get caught in bumper to bumper while the 107 is sauteing your inner thighs and groin. But, as what happens, no matter what we say you'll go with your gut, and you should, so human nature goes. Even Trump must look at Melania coming out of the shower and say to himself "You know she's perfect in every way but I'd still like to tap that Jenna Lee from Fox" it's who we are.

I've often thought about picking up a soft tail to use for shorter rides in perfect weather. Yesterday was a perfect example. 82 degrees and sunny; a nice day to feel wind everywhere. More wind on beautiful days is one of the things my B lacks (and I have the hand wings).
    This would be an addition though, I couldn't bring myself to part with the B. I thought I got a good deal on mine new in '15 but I'd lose a good $7k if I sold it now (based on the prices I see on this site). If I get the itch, I'll make room in the garage and keep the B. At least until the used market improves for the B.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I understand the whole Harley thing having once owned one. Its hard to ignore all that is Harley, particularly the nostalgia and styling for me. Having gotten older and somewhat wiser, I can't say enough good about my F6B. One of my favorite parts of this bike is how peaceful, comfortable and quiet it is to ride. I'm not a long distance junky, I avoid highway/main road and Cities. I'm more of a tour the countryside and take it all in guy, last year we spent a week touring our great state of PA putting on 1200 miles and never hitting a main road. I also commute to work 40 miles a day on it and tour the back roads with my wife on Sundays. I can't imagine a better bike than the F6B to do what I just described, though knowing that 70 years old ain't that far away, I can completely understand maybe wanting something lighter.

I test rode a new 2017 Road Glide a few weeks ago. It was much nicer than the older ones / more power / stereo etc...
    But way too much heat / money / repairs!!!

I then test rode the Yamaha FZ-09 and FJ-09. The Yamaha were awesome and fun!!!

I am thinking about getting a Yamaha to go with the F6B (I will never get rid of my F6B)
    I am seriously thinking about getting a FJR1300 or maybe a toy bike like the FJ-09 / FZ-10 / FZ-09
    I think that Yamaha is making the best bikes these days.
    Which Yamaha would you buy?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I am thinking about getting a Yamaha to go with the F6B (I will never get rid of my F6B)
    I am seriously thinking about getting a FJR1300 or maybe a toy bike like the FJ-09 / FZ-10 / FZ-09
    I think that Yamaha is making the best bikes these days.
    Which Yamaha would you buy?
    Steve
    Steve, I'm sure the Yamaha's would be fine bikes but if you start thinking seriously about the FJR1300, definitely test the Kawasaki C14 for comparison. I ride with a group of Concours riders and, if set up properly, they are fantastic and versatile bikes.
    Ken (Hornblower)

A lot of $$$ and riding time.