Healtech speedohealer

Thread: Healtech speedohealer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    None of my previous Honda bikes had the correct speed. I haven't checked the F6B yet.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

My f6B slows a 5 km difference at 120 km an hour

I checked with my gps today and at 120 km an hour, the gps showed a speed of only 115

The thing I do not understand is That the odometer seems correct on lengts of 1 km used by the air patrol to verify the speed of traffic. I did checked them at 3 different spots on two different highways today...

Woody, on the USA bikes...our F6B speedometeres are very, very close to be exactly what they are supposed to be reading. Over the past 18,500 (miles)...not kilometers, I have found that my speedometer is within .25 of a mph to being correct, compared to my Garmin 550 GPS. For a Honda product, that is very accurate. That means when I am really doing 100 mph, as per my GPS...the bike may be showing that it is doing 100.25 mph. So close, it is not worth adjusting.

Now...on all three of my previopus Goldwing 1800 bikes, I have in fact installed the SpeedHealer, to correct a speedo that was off between 3.5 % to 6.0 %. I was reall mad that Honda would produce a bike, like a Goldwing 1800, that had a speedo that was off by that much.

Conversly, I was quite surprised when I found this new F6B to be so accurate.

BUT...keep in mind that adjusting the bikes speedo reading by use of the HealTech SpeedHealer will NOT also change the bikes odometer at the rate rate factor. Okay, I know that people would assume that it would change at the same rate factor...but it does not. To me, it was more important to adjust my ODOMETER to be accurate, than it was to have my SPEEDOMETER be accurate. I had the Garmin GPS to show me an accurate Speed reading. But with the Iron Butt rides I was doing, I needed to record an accurate Mileage amount.

By adjusting the speed imput signal with the SpeedHealer, I could make it so the Odometer was right on, but the speedometer would still be off.

On this F6B, if I install a HealTech SpeedHealer, and use it to adjust the imput signal to make the Odometer correct, it will in fact make my Speedometer read incorrect.

Right now...in stock mode...my Speedometer is so darn accurate, I am happy. I am not going to sweat it that the Odometer is reading too fast by 3.3% on my bike. All that does is show more mileage on the bike,. and...when I go to sell it or trade it in, do you think anyone is going to care whether the bike shows it has 300,000 miles on it...or 309,900 miles on it?

If you are worried about showing too many miles on your bike for resale value, then you are not riding it enough

So am I on to the right set of wires for the speed pickup?

Thanks in advance ... Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    So am I on to the right set of wires for the speed pickup?

Thanks in advance ... Woody.
    Woody, I have not looked for the correct wiring location on these new 2012-2013 models. On my previous 1800 Wings, the 2001-2010 models had the wiring connector under the left side cover, ,and you mounted this under the seat.

Thanks Miles I will check it out today.

Woody, the installation instructions from the SpeedHealer will have a detailed location of where the connector is at on your bike. They have never failed me. If you have not bought the SpeedHealer yet, just go to HealTech.com, and download the pdf for the instructions, and it will tell you what you need to know.