Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 11
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Went for a ride today..... Miles not sure, really like the new 6's so they may be for sale, ::: I did not experience any drone today and I rode about 125 miles, 40 in a down pour, 75 miles @ 75-80 mph, on the highway, the rest in town around Daytona...no issues with the pipes!!! Had two people yell " nice bike " . Getting ready to wash the road grime off now !!!

Sat for about an hour at Corbin, pricing the new smuggler and waiting for the rain to slack up...man the B.S. about why the seats are so hard !!!! LMAO !!! stopped by Ultimate....seat is about a month out.......

If I had to come up with a negative about the pipes I guess it would be, why did they not weld all three pipes on the collector....one is welded and the other two are on with clamps??? I assume for chroming.? I say they are worth it, depends on disposal income it they are worth it to you.....
    You pretty much nailed it on that. We originally had all 3 welded together, but it was impossible to get in the crevice and polish the metal before plating. So it was either have one pipe install with a slip joint, or have some crappy looking plating on the inside.
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Thnx!

It's not just a set of pipes that are 'loud' as much as it is a certain rpm/engine load sound through an exhaust that creates or fails to cancel a 'resonance' of sorts that's noticeable louder than the same engine load at a slightly higher or lower rpm.

Gradual acceleration sound level = "mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm,,,"

(Only try the humming/hands over ears trick when no ones looking! LOL!)

The MagnaFlow muff's the wife has on her '11 V-6 Mustang drone REAL bad when taking off 'normal/gently' from a stop,,, Make the dayum floorboards / console vibrate till she gets it above 2k+ rpm,, Quiets down to 'normal' MagnaFlow levels after that:

"mMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,"

(She thinks the drone sounds like 'power', )

As long as she's happy, and I don't have to drive it,,,,
    Yep. And some people are more sensitive to drone than others. It also depends on how you ride your bike. Do you get on the gas hard and rev it, or do you do nice easy/slow shifts? People who do the slow revving tend to be bothered by drone more than those who rev the bike and shift at higher RPM's, because if there is a spot in the RPM range that just totally sucks, they are stuck in that area longer....and then you have a headache
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

I did want a set of 626 pipes but after all the talk of the drone, i'm a little worried. A lot of my riding is in the range of 60 mph. i do want a better sound but not at the expense of losing my better half as a rider. I'm on the edge.

Richie

Cobra USA, why don't you offer a quiet baffle like you do for some of your other pipes? By the way, they are the nicest looking pipes made.
    Jakec

Cobra Slip-Ons F6B

The Cobra slip-ons are a great addition to the F6B. They look and sound awesome and will definitely bring out more of the bikes true potential. A K&N Air Filter and a set of Torq Loopz will bring it even closer to max muscle power. The Torq Loopz are not legal for road use, but are one of the easiest ways to improve power output.
    Fulfilling Your Passion Since 2001.
    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

Drone

I cut my tips drilled 5 1/2 holes I don't notice any drone .
    My Cobra 6into 6 should be here tomorrow 10/01.

I couldn't find any Torq Loopz so may or may not get them 1day.

My Cobras are a no show now says 10/13 shipping date

IN THE MAIL

My Cobras are in the mail the cost has finally hit my account. From Cali is should take about 7 days can't wait. My baby is waiting for her new items.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    My baby is waiting for her new items.
    So what did you get for your wife?
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love my Cobras but...

Quote Originally Posted by Schu3d View Post
    Thought I'd start a new thread on the install of the new cobra pipes. I just picked them up today from my local dealer. Been waiting on them for quite some time now. The are by far the most expensive set of slip-ons that I have ever bought. But so far I am happy with the purchase.
    has anyone removed the baffles on the Cobra 6-2-6 exhaust? I love the look and improved sound but I wonder if there is more to be had from these beauties. Btw, I think they are lighter than the OEM exhausts, but I haven't measured this.

Thanks,

D