Is the Low Windshield an Issue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is the Low Windshield an Issue?

Low windsheild

I found the stock one too low for winter riding, so bought a tall that I use in winter, then bought a short, but taller than stock for summer. It works for me. We can ride year round since winter is mostly rainy or cloudy.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

So, as you read the posts, most of us change out the windshield right away. Several types and styles, colors, some vented, etc. It's your choice. You ride in cold or cool weather? Then get ready to change it. Some Gold wing shields will also fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    So, as you read the posts, most of us change out the windshield right away. Several types and styles, colors, some vented, etc. It's your choice. You ride in cold or cool weather? Then get ready to change it. Some Gold wing shields will also fit.
    THANKS SO Much folks - I really couldn’t see how the windscreen was that useful and you guys see it too right away.

Will be the first accessory I get her.

Bagger shield

11 INCH THAT CONVERTS TO 19 INCH. On hot days its nice to take it down to 11 inches and you can do this in a heartbeat the top piece just flips over and you reinstall it with the same fasteners, and on colder days the full 19 inch is the best. running in heavy rain also the 19 inch came thru nicely. Even thought there is a big contingent that like the madstad I prefer the versatility of the bagger shield. They are right about being able to hear the radio better with the big shield.

Quote Originally Posted by stan0614 View Post
    THANKS SO Much folks - I really couldn’t see how the windscreen was that useful and you guys see it too right away.

Will be the first accessory I get her.
    One thing I want to caution you on though. If you decide to change out your seat for something else, do that FIRST before you get a different windshield.

Many of the aftermarket seats will change your riding height. Thus you may buy a Windshield TWICE or maybe even ThREE times before you are satisfied with it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Yeah or four!! How many you got Will?

The only thing the shortie windshield does is look good!

It's part of the image of the bagger that is made for the street. The street they are referring to, is riding stoplight to stoplight and putting on five miles saying that was a good ride.

First item of business is to find a replacement windshield you like, they are always taller and just figure out your personal preference to keep the looks that you like.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Yeah or four!! How many you got Will?
    Two.

And I haven't yet ordered the Ultimate King seat.

I may end up with that Madstadt yet..... But I want to wait until I see some of them in Russellville during our F6B Rally this autumn.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Windscreen

I bought a 2015 Deluxe model a couple of months back and changed the windscreen right away. I went with the Cee Baileys screen. They make windows for private jets etc, among other things. I am 5' 11" and I got the 13" screen and I love it. blocks all the wind almost and I can hear radio at any speed. Her is link

http://www.ceebaileys.com/honda/F6Bws.html

I put on the Madstad 11 inch. It is great. Here in Florida you want some air over the top when the heat is on. In the cool weather or rain I raise it and it gives total protection.