What kind of Wax do you use? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Wax do you use?

I thinks it's prudent to water rinse the surface first if it's heavier than dust. That eliminates some risk of heavy particles scratching the surface..that's my modus operandi. I also use it on the windshield.

Lemon pledge popped up in the discussion here and that's also a great product for our usage. I've heard it referred to as the detailer's secret. I started using the Honda cleaner when I noticed it was just marginally more per can than Pledge but a can of Honda goes a lot farther. ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Upon yours and others' recommendations, I just purchased two cans on Amazon for $17. My ride is still dirty from the last time I rode in the rain. Can I use the Honda spray polish/cleaner directly on the dirty surfaces or do I need to wash it with soap and water first?
    I have never used soap and water on any of my bikes in over 20 years..I suppose if the thing is filthy dirty from a lot of road grime maybe a quick rise would not hurt...I have gotten mine fairly dirty at times, and I just apply the Honda spray polish/cleaner, let it set for a few and then wipe clean with a micro fiber cloth/towel...Looks and shines like new!!!...Ride safe

I use Multisurface Pledge, shit finish on my black bike, when it gets bad enough I'll paint it or sell it.

What wax do you use

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I use Multisurface Pledge, shit finish on my black bike, when it gets bad enough I'll paint it or sell it.
    New guy here with my 2 cents. I have been using a product called Collinite 835 for years and it is unquestionably the finest stuff I've ever used. It was originally designed to coat electric wire insulators from the elements and is UNBELIEVABLY long lasting, as per it's intended purpose. It goes on like butter and wipes off just as easy, with no color transfer to the cloth, as it is not really a wax, but more of a sealer that allows bugs and brake dust to just wipe right off. It is available at Advance Auto or online. Try it, you won't use anything else!

On my '15 Matte Silver Deluxe....

Klasse Car Care http://www.klasseusa.com

Attachment 25825

Apply Klasse All-In-One (red bottle) then, 24 hours later, come back and apply Klasse Sealant Glaze (silver bottle) whisper thin over top of it.

Absolutely bulletproof finish. Lasts forever and nothing sticks to it. Any bugs or etc. wipes off easy peasy with a damp cloth.

Been using it forever on my cars and have never had a complaint. Not to mention that one bottle of each will last you in excess of 15 to 20 YEARS.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

F11 Top Coat

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to detailing - I've been using a product called F11 Top Coat for 1 year and I really like it. The guy who restored my 1989 Chevy pickup suggested it.
    Here in the South we have love bugs twice a year and so far the F11 has been making it easy peasy to wipe off the corrosive green gut juices.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Zaino...

Z-CS after washing and clay-bar with Dawn to get a fresh foundation.

Z-2 or Z-5 after the Z-CS cures; usually 3 coats will suffice for 6 months.

Touch-up in between with Z-6 or Z-8 detailing spray.

Makes paint look amazing while also providing a lot of protection.

Bike Wax

For those of us with the fastest colour-black, Turtle Wax has come out with a black tinted cleaner, wax and polish kit that I just used for the first time yesterday. I had some of my neighbours approach me and say the bike has never looked better. The shine is definitely there and it appears to have hidden some of the swirls and scratches. I would recommend it for the black coated crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcityd View Post
    For those of us with the fastest colour-black,.....
    The paint on my fastest black F6B is terrible, I use 80-grit sandpaper, then finish it up with the most abrasive rubbing compound I can find.

Question What Is With Liquid Glass?

Several of you have reccomended Liquid Glass for our scoots. I think something bad is up with this company. I tried to buy some online yesterday. It is no longer available at Amazon.It also shows up as not available at many other sites. One guy on e-bay seems to have some for a pretty steep price. You can't make a purchase at the Liquid Glass website. When you click on "order", up pops a pdf price list with phone numbers for toll free, regular and fax. The toll free number has been disconnected. I called the landline yesterday and nobody answered, so I left a message. I called them today, and I was told that they can't take credit cards and won't be able to for at least a couple of more weeks. The only way you can order anything is by paying with a check or money order. I have long since stopped paying people I don't know with money orders or checks.

Something is not right here folks.

Seriously.