The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list

Hopefully intellect will prevail and so will America.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Hopefully intellect will prevail and so will America.
    A glimmer of hope will arise on Jan. 20. Hilderbeast would have destroyed what was left.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

If you want a feel good story then you can go and recount the 2015 Garland TEXAS execution of two terrorists (I call them, cnn didn't have the balls too). That could have been as easily a private security force or dare I say a militia element providing security. But anywho the score ended up being 2-0 with the terrorists on the losing side. Congratulations to a well armed and trained police force.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    If you want a feel good story then you can go and recount the 2015 Garland TEXAS execution of two terrorists (I call them, cnn didn't have the balls too). That could have been as easily a private security force or dare I say a militia element providing security. But anywho the score ended up being 2-0 with the terrorists on the losing side. Congratulations to a well armed and trained police force.

Any/Every time a bad guy goes down is a good story.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

The meaning of gun ownership:
    As "head of household" it is to accept the responsibility of keeping my family safe to the best of my ability.
    And to do that:
    a) Be well trained and proficient with whatever weapon I employ
    b) Ensure the proper maintenance, upkeep, and storage of weapon and associated parts
    c) Ensure that others in the domicile are well trained and proficient in use of available weapons
    d) Be fully cognizant of laws and regulations thereunto pertaining

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

^^ That. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    The meaning of gun ownership:
    As "head of household" it is to accept the responsibility of keeping my family safe to the best of my ability.
    And to do that:
    a) Be well trained and proficient with whatever weapon I employ
    b) Ensure the proper maintenance, upkeep, and storage of weapon and associated parts
    c) Ensure that others in the domicile are well trained and proficient in use of available weapons
    d) Be fully cognizant of laws and regulations thereunto pertaining

Cheers,
    Steve
    Well stated

Cool HOT BOX

I am aware this is the HOT BOX or Off Topic area....I am also aware that on this board we do not call fellow riders names or anything along those lines. For those who in the last couple of days have not seen this on another thread maybe you should go read it.

Hot Box or not there will be no personal attacks on this board. If you do to have the ability to express yourselves without calling someone out for their views then maybe just maybe YOU should stay out of the BOX.

Steve.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am aware this is the HOT BOX or Off Topic area....I am also aware that on this board we do not call fellow riders names or anything along those lines. For those who in the last couple of days have not seen this on another thread maybe you should go read it.

Hot Box or not there will be no personal attacks on this board. If you do to have the ability to express yourselves without calling someone out for their views then maybe just maybe YOU should stay out of the BOX.

Steve.
    Well said Steve! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    It is a good quote and an offshoot from a biblical reference. Jefferson also liked having slaves for cheap labor and having sex with his favorite Slave Sally. That does not detract from his brilliance as a founding father or as a well written deist.
    My point?
    Times change, nations change and the needs of those nations evolve as do the people for many different reasons. Weapons have changed. At one time a militia was a useful thing - today it's more of an absurdity like an irritating flea on a dogs back. Nothing sillier than a bunch of grown men in hot wool reenacting the civil war in the south. Oh well.
    Gun ownership should be moderated by common sense not obsessions.
    To clarify a "well regulated militia", in English common law, just meant well functioning able bodied men so how is that any different than what is required today? Just ask the citizens in Chicago if they would feel safer with some armed, able bodied men, with good intentions, to patrol the streets unlike the armed, murderous men, with evil intentions who roam there now. Liberals love to dictate from their sculpted lawns in their gated communities, with armed guards, how the rest of society should function, out in the real world, in the cesspools their policies, gun control among them, have rendered for the last 50 years.

Every murder capital in the US has been run by Democratic/Liberal monopolies and through bribery, voter fraud, illegals being allowed to vote they have had a stranglehold on any opposition. So you can vote Republican in any major city for 100 years and it won't stop them, which won't stop these thugs, their constituency. What will stop these thugs is a blast from a Benelli M4 as they try a home invasion in their never ending quest to terrorize the people who actually work for a living and just want to live a peaceful life.

And to me that is the embodiment of the amendment in the Bill of Rights, in order to have the "security of a free State" those militia, or armed able bodied men i.e homeowner, are "necessary". Law enforcment is for the security of the government from being overthrown but individual gun ownership is for the security of the collective who make up that state and form that government, I see the two as mutually exclusive.

And as far as Civil War reenactments why shouldn't we honor, and be visually reminded, of the sacrifice of such a monumental and sad moment in time of our history. The dedication of time, money and effort these people devote to give us a glimpse of history in real time and real life should be applauded not mocked. You want to talk silly let's talk about grown men in assless chaps dressed like pirates on air-cooled...I digress.

The need to be secure in your papers, your rights, your home and your family is the same as it was in 1789. That is why the Bill of Rights means the same thing then as it does today as it is not a living, breathing thing subject to unlimited reinterpretation, doesn't need to be.