Comparison of windscreens
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of windscreens

Comparison of windscreens

I've had Clearview screens for other bikes, and it appears that the "recurve" feature makes a significant reduction in buffeting and wind noise. I'm wondering if some of the other popular after market screens work as well, or better than what Clearview offers. Anyone able to compare the Clearview with the Madstad or other quality screens?

Search windshields.
    Lots offered out there and many different opinions.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

LRS

Replaced my stock windshield with a 13 inch with a small recurve from Long Ride Shield's. made a 100 percent difference in the enjoyment of the bike for me, I realize there are some riders that like the short shield, but i'm not one of those. Only purchase i've made so far, but i do have a nice long list. Enjoy reading others riders post's. Keep er under a 100 in second gear at least....

My 19" bagger shield works really well. I din't want the recurve because of distortion. I prefer to look through the top 2" of the windshield and like it distortion free. It's a thick, sturdy and crystal clear. I get no buffeting at all.

Attachment 17482

shooter
    I have the Clearview and its pretty good. I want a klockwerks. Maybe this winter.

Search this site for windshield topics, there's quite a few.
    I went through 3 different windshields before I settled on the Madstad System.

What is it about the Madstad that makes it so good? What height screen did you finally settle on (and how tall are you)?

Klock Werks

Attachment 17506

I went with the Klock Werks 14" Dark Smoke Screen basically because it looks cool. I am extremely happy with it. I am able to see over the top of it easily. Wind now gets pushed completely over my head and it also seems to push the front end of the bike down onto the road at high speeds very noticeably. I can also listen to the stereo at high speed and the clean air vacuum space created by the overdraft gives the distinct impression that my back is being pushed ever so slightly forward. And it does look Kewl.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    My 19" bagger shield works really well. I din't want the recurve because of distortion. I prefer to look through the top 2" of the windshield and like it distortion free. It's a thick, sturdy and crystal clear. I get no buffeting at all.

Attachment 17482
    DITTO for me !!

I had the Honda "tall" shield installed right after purchasing the bike. It works well for what it is. The next shield I got was the Clearview large with the vent and recurve, this is a nice shield and I thought it was the hot ticket until I changed seats. The new seat put the top of my helmet in the wind blast and that was not going to happen, too much buffeting. Next I had a friend give me a stock Goldwing shield and I cut it down to fit the F6B and works really well. I wish I had cut it 2 inches taller then it would have been perfect for me. The last shield I installed is the 15 inch Madstad system. I like the idea of this but the jury is still out because now the weather is crap. The 15 inch might be just a tad tall but I can't ride it yet so i'm not sure?? It does suck to be tall and own this bike.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike