NYPD crushing motorcycles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYPD crushing motorcycles

NYPD crushing motorcycles

Just happened to check the news, and saw the NYPD crushing about 70 motorcycles with 2 bulldozers. Apparently, some hell raisers riding the city got their bikes confiscated, and the PD had them crushed. They looked like dirt bikes, and crotch rockets, and I saw no big touring bikes, in the crushed pile. These guys/gals, or who ever, give us all a bad name and image, when they do their stupid stunts on the streets of the Big Apple. Hate to see the bikes smashed, but those people shouldn't be on them. Their pranks cause legislatures to pass more restrictions on the rest of us. JMO

Anything about 'due process'? Were they proven guilty of a crime? I hate these Knievel types as well.......but......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

due process, ?

The news story I saw didn't get into much about that. It said the bikes had been rounded up from arrests, etc,, people with no cycle licences, doing "group" rides violating every law they could. I don't know about that stuff, just, that I saw the bulldozers driving over the bikes. Seems like a waste of bikes.

Definitely a waste. A city wasting what could have been revenue for the taxpayers or possibly donations to mechanical or trade schools. Wonder how they are doing at rounding up those nasty cigarette sellers? Busting 44 gulpers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I read every day about the big cities and the sht that goes on and I thank God I am a small town boy, ok, old guy. Spent my 17 or so years in the Twin Cities, all over the metro and it was so nice to come home to 350 people, most of which I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Just happened to check the news, and saw the NYPD crushing about 70 motorcycles with 2 bulldozers. Apparently, some hell raisers riding the city got their bikes confiscated, and the PD had them crushed. They looked like dirt bikes, and crotch rockets, and I saw no big touring bikes, in the crushed pile. These guys/gals, or who ever, give us all a bad name and image, when they do their stupid stunts on the streets of the Big Apple. Hate to see the bikes smashed, but those people shouldn't be on them. Their pranks cause legislatures to pass more restrictions on the rest of us. JMO
    Here in Baltimore there are groups of young guys that tear through the area
    doing their stunts in traffic on city streets with no license and no reguard
    For others.
    This is where most of the bikes come from here.
    shortleg

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Here in Baltimore there are groups of young guys that tear through the area
    doing their stunts in traffic on city streets with no license and no reguard
    For others.
    This is where most of the bikes come from here.
    shortleg
    Yep. The 12 o'clock boys and their wannabie followers. Absolute chaos in Bloodymore... shootings, dirt bike riding through the streets, muggings, drugs, floaters in the harbor, loss of industry... you name it.. Baltimorgue has it.

Why it's called "Charm City" is completely lost on me.

Baltimore is a long administered and liberal democratic city that is following Detroit's demise.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The establishment have no problem auctioning off confiscated exotic cars. Dirt bikes, and crotch rockets not so much.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

NEW YORK (AP) — Police crushed about 70 motorbikes beneath bulldozers Tuesday to send a signal to thrill-seekers who take dirt bikes and ATVs to city streets: They should be uneasy riders.

The public pulverizing spotlighted a New York Police Department crackdown on renegade riders, often young, unlicensed drivers who zoom and spin through some neighborhoods on bikes that aren't street-legal.

"We want to send out a very strong message to the nitwits and knuckleheads who insist on operating these vehicles on the streets," Police Commissioner William Bratton said Tuesday. They are "creating extraordinary dangers for not only themselves, but for the public."
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/89802...enegade-cycles
    JAYGO

#dirtbikelivesmatter

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537