Tired of "belonging"

Thread: Tired of "belonging"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Just have had it tonight. Enough. Tired of being in a club where the expectations don't materialize. VFW, American Legion, etc... organizations that I have joined and see the true designs of the local "brethren" of the posts that I belong to.

Almost "effed" someone up tonight but my inner being told me to walk away. I did just that. It was hard and but I did it. I will not be "chit" upon... I'm not going to go into details of what happened... but I am actually amazed that I had tolerated what occurred tonight. Maybe old age and sanity are finally kicking in.

I don't display "colors" and have never really went for that. But recently I decided to wear a patch of a local veteran's rider's organization and now I am going to rip it off. It just isn't working for me.

I'm "Lone Wolf'ing" it again. It's the best solace that I can find, and am seemingly comfortable with. Enjoyed the last F6B rally in Franklin N.C and will attend this year's Russelville's Rally. Everyone is unique and contributes. Without an ulterior agenda...

Tell me about your memberships in local motorcycle organizations. The one that I just exorcised myself from tonight; is more interested in fund raising; than riding.

Was it a motorcycle club or a riding group or other organization?

Motorcycle clubs are very different than other groups.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Was it a motorcycle club or a riding group or other organization?

Motorcycle clubs are very different than other groups.
    Other organization.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

This is web series I just came across that seems like something that would be enjoyable to anyone looking at this thread.
    I've only watched the first episode so far, favorite line: 2 guys considering starting a motorcycle club, "We'd be one hundred percent one percenters!"

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    This is web series I just came across that seems like something that would be enjoyable to anyone looking at this thread.
    I've only watched the first episode so far, favorite line: 2 guys considering starting a motorcycle club, "We'd be one hundred percent one percenters!"
    []
    OMG. That's not *my* favorite line.

"There's a YOU in c***"

Best ever

I'll be stealing

shooter
    I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to riding with my big club at Russellville. Its gonna be huge!!! Like Thunder on the Mountain!!! Well......... maybe not like Thunder , maybe like a soft rain. We ain't loud but we're proud!!!!!

"I wouldn't want to belong to any group that would admit people like me!" (Groucho Marx)
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to riding with my big club at Russellville. Its gonna be huge!!! Like Thunder on the Mountain!!! Well......... maybe not like Thunder , maybe like a soft rain. We ain't loud but we're proud!!!!!
    More like thunder under the sheets. You and pup tenting when we was young......man I hope you are off broccoli and cheese.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver