Strange Noise from rear when turning
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Noise from rear when turning

Strange Noise from rear when turning

I've got a question for the hands on guy's here, I just recently noticed a strange noise while turning or going through bends usually slow speeds is when I really notice it. I'm new to the single sided shaft driven bikes. Is this normal or should I take it to get looked at?? Note the pre-load is at the factory setting.

I would check the rear fluid level..... or better yet go by the dealer and see if they can here it..... how many miles?

The factory setting is either full soft or full hard...try it it the middle and go from there....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

What you may be hearing is tire noise seeing that you only hear it when cornering

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    What you may be hearing is tire noise seeing that you only hear it when cornering
    That's what my first thoughts were.

How many miles on tires?

Miles don't mean much unless you never corner it.

Go find a parking lot, slide your arse to the outside, look way over your shoulder and do some 2nd gear circles to scrub the outer-third of those tires in!
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Miles

I have 7,600 miles give or take.

And trust me, scurbbing the edges in on the tires is not the issue I came off of a 05 GSXR 1000 and have tested the cornering clearance on both sides the Wing several times already..

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    With 7,600 miles, and without riding the bike /hearing the noise myself, I'd say cupping/tires.

Quote Originally Posted by celewis View Post
    I've got a question for the hands on guy's here, I just recently noticed a strange noise while turning or going through bends usually slow speeds is when I really notice it. I'm new to the single sided shaft driven bikes. Is this normal or should I take it to get looked at?? Note the pre-load is at the factory setting.
    Question, does the sound change if you lightly tap the rear brakes? How would you describe the sound, rubbing, knock, thump, screech, rumble, whoosh, squeal, ticking, clicking? Do you feel any other sensations in the bike when you hear this noise?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

BIGLRY,

I haven't tried tapping the rear break when it's happening but I will try it when I go out in a few. Best description would be a rubbing noise..

Quote Originally Posted by celewis View Post
    BIGLRY,

I haven't tried tapping the rear break when it's happening but I will try it when I go out in a few. Best description would be a rubbing noise..
    Okay, "rubbing" try the 'tap the rear brake' and see if it stops or changes. I'm now suspecting rear rotor rub from the full floating rear caliper. Completely normal if that is what you are hearing and the tapping of the rear brake will stop/change the sound if it is the issue. This is also a common issue on the front calipers and may be what you are hearing as the faring can trick your ears as to where the sound may really be coming from, use the same test (tap front brake) to see if sound changes. I reiterate "completely normal" if that is what you are hearing.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/