VT Cagers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VT Cagers

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I hope I don't have to retract this statement, but other than isolated incidents a few times per riding season, cagers are generally respectful and cautious around me when I am riding.

I notice that many folks ready to pull out several hundred feet ahead wait for me when they safely have plenty of space to go. More often, drivers will tailgate but usually they back off after a few seconds.
    I should say that it's not 100%....there are the courteous ones out there. More than not, I might add. But, it only takes a chosen few to give you the pucker moment.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Maine, NH, and VT always had that laid back reputation. Down here, I EXPECT it to happen. I expected more courtesy from them. Just surprised that it's no different at all.
    Can't speak for the other States but Maine drivers are seldom Maine drivers. From Bar Harbor south along the coast, you have to work to find a Maine plate (when you do, they're often transplants from Mass). The quality of the driving has dropped dramatically as we have been invaded from out-of-staters who seek a better life and come to Maine to find it. When they get here they want their towns to operate like their old city/town. They drive like they did "back home".

If you want to see Maine drivers travel to Washington, Aroostook, Piscataquis, etc counties. Here you'll find courtesy (at least until the Mass drivers move here).

So it's us "Massholes" who are the problem? Us Masshole tourists support your states...year round, and without us, your situation would be much different. This wasn't about Maine, per se, I rarely go there. I'm not trying to start a war here, but that implication ticks me off. Don't group all of us, and I won't group all of you. I did mention that most drivers are courteous. I spent a couple hundred bucks up there this summer already, just between gas and food. Maybe we all should rethink our destinations.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    LOL. Me too.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Truth be told, You're all nuts. But if food and drink are involved count me in!