Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
Congrats on your weight loss Jim!!!
Keep them off during X-mas time!

Regarding the F6B or full Wing: I rode both before my purchase of the B.
With 6.3" and 34 inseam I sat much better on the B, the position was less cramped. The seat of the Wing fixes your position and doesnt allow you to slide backwards and stretch some more. My knees were more bent on the Wing and the handlebar seemed too close.
Besides that i preferred the look of the B without the trunk. My wife is very happy and comfortable riding on the back of the B.
Then 2 month ago I made it even better by having the seat customized at my local upholstery, 2" higher up and 2" more backwards. i also added highway pegs to relax my legs from time to time.
Now add some adjustable Helibars and there you have perfect Batmobile.
Thank you very much.

I've pretty much consigned myself to purchase the F6B, and I'm pretty well decided I will pick up a very slightly used one. I'm looking at two different 2013's that have tons of aftermarket stuff, have less than 5,000 miles on them, and are priced at $11,000 or best offer. I may have to travel a bit to retrieve them, but hey... that's part of the adventure. I'll get by without factory cruise for now, and at the substantial savings that are available, I could paint any one of them White and still come out ahead. If there were any major differences between the last few years model (there are none to speak of), then I could more easily justify the new bike. But if I buy used, and Honda comes out with something major in the next upgrade... I could part with the used bike and move up without having to take a big depreciation hit.

At least that's my current thinking going into Winter... where the prices should drop a little more as well.